Mornington Brewery- Mosaic IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muscovy_333

Reaction score
Hi All,
Dropped into Mornington Penisula Brewery last night for a sneaky one and came across the aptly named Mosaic IPA that they released a couple of days ago.
Named due to the Mosaic hop used in the brew (single hopped).
Cracking beer, well worth a try. It is probably only available at the Brewery at the moment as it is one of their 'specialties'.
Speaking with the brewer, he mentioned that Bintani had recently presented a range of new hop varieties, Mosaic being one of them.

Peach, Apricot and a little Amarillo or C-hop pine notes. Highly recommended, great quaffer at 5.7%, excellent hop/malt balance.
So nice to taste an IPA with more going on than just grass clippings dunked in pine needles!

Can't wait to have a crack at MP mosaic

I brewed with mosaic last weekend, will be fermenting this one, smelled amazing.

I mixed it with citra and Cascade from memory... Really hanging to get that one done.

>RECIPE<

Scoffed two pints of mosaic last night. Bloody ripper!

Will get some mosaic in my next IPA

Chrisso81 and myself ventured over to the brewery last night for a members night of six IPA's (including Mosaic) Very nice session which saw us down 5 of the 6 beers, we skipped the White IPA. The mosaic was very good but the newly released Belgian IPA was bloody fantastic! Great hop flavour and aroma that gave way to 3787 esters as the glass warmed up. Imperial IPA, when the bell rang, saw us on our way and it was excellent also.

Back