Morgans Queenslander lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBigD

Reaction score
Every time I go to my local HBS I eye off the Morgans Queenslander range but end up taking home a coopers premium can as I always have good results.

Well finally I took a chance and purchase a nice fresh Morgans Qld lager can with Nov 2022exp. Now there isn't much info or reviews around the net on this range and all I could find is whats on the can that it is designed to be brewed in warmer climates 25-30c from memory and then posters on forums saying nah should be brewed at 18-20c same as coopers bad instructions.

So I put it down a week ago and decided to brew at 19c a basic brew, can ,kilo of dex and rehydrated kit yeast to 23L. It took forever to get started and at day three decided to warm it up to 22c which then it finally got going and its still going now but very slow probably the most sedate activity I've ever had which got me wondering if in fact the yeast is a strain meant to be brewed as per the instructions at warmer temps.

In any case ill continue at a slow pace at 22c until its done and report back on the results if anyone else is interested.

Edit/ just to add this is a much darker almost reddish brew not your usual light coloured lager goop. And I know it not a real lager but an ale yeast

Last edited:
God knows why they are calling it a lager.

Well the fresh beer went into the keg and has been carbed up, first impressions aren't real good its drinkable and I'll polish it off without a problem but its below par for drinking fresh, Interested to see if the bottles condition and improve with a month or two. I dare say I wont be doing another as the coopers beers are much better fresh IMO , the original series honey lager I did and the Canadian blonde were far better drinking fresh out of a keg.

Latest posts

Back