Morgans Old Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntboozer

Reaction score
G'Day all,
New to this forum. Have been reading heaps of advice/hits/tips from U all over the past weeks.......thanks for the good info :) .
My other half has just returned from a work trip to Weipa and she has given me a can of Morgans Australian OLD extract that she purchased from (I'm guessing) one of the most remote HB shops in this GREAT country..............so I would like to brew a PM with this extract (hoping she will go.....WOW....... :D this is great compared to comercial Tooheys Old) and this will encourage her to buy more HB gear for me :chug: .
Any suggestions of a recipe????
ntboozer

I'm not an 'OLD' kinda person but I'm sure if you do a seach for Tooheys Old in the search bar you should find something.

Steep maybe 100g choc malt to get some grain flavor, stain the wort into a pan with 2L cold water, add 250g wheat malt extract, 500g dark malt extract (or half and half amber and dark) and 250g dextrose or sucrose. Bring to a simmer, skim the foam that forms, add a POR finishing hop bag and simmer the lot for 5 minutes, strain into fermenter, add the Old extract, etc

Jovial Monk

Back