Morgans Master Blend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Coopers Bavarian Larger can and was thinking of using,
1kg of light dried malt,
250gm of Dextrose
Tea bag of Hallertau hops (12gm),
100 - 200gms of Crystal or Carapils &
w 34/70 dried yeast.

The HBS does not stock any of the grain and said to use a Morgans Master Blend Lager Malt can (1kg).

Since comming home with it all I am not sure if I should put all of this together or only use part of the dried malt or part of the Morgans master blend

Will this be too much. Any comments.

Thanks,

Pete

OK - in the recipe above - id ont see the Morgans Master Blend.
IMHO - Drop the dextrose.
The teabag if - it is like most of the HBS that sell - probably sits on the shelf for a few months and is most probably devoid of flavour - not to mention the most expensive way to buy hops.

What are you trying to make?

As it is a Bavarian Lager - SAAZ might be better... but Hallertae would be good too.
I would get some real Hop Pellets approx 20gms.

Target have 15-20ltr SS Pots for under 25.00 - do a 20min boil in a large pot with approx 6ltrs of water with 10gms of hops for the full 20mins and add 5gms with 5mins to go.
Save the last 10gms to Dry Hop with.

Optional:
Steep 50gms of Xtal in the 6ltrs of water - luke warm - for an hour and then pour through a sieve into the pot for the boil.

The Yeast is OK.

Hope this helps you out.

Also - try and get along to some Brisbane AHB get togethers - the guys up there are very friendly and will be more than willing to help you out.

GMK,
Thanks for the info. I was intending on using some crystal but was given the Morgans Master blend as the HBS does not sell grain. So not too sure if to use the whole can with 1kg of light malt or just part of the can.

Thanks,

Pete

wheels,use the whole can and the 1kg of dried malt.or 800 dried malt 200 dextrose,the w 34/70 yeast will be good but remember you have to keep this fermenting at 10 to 14 deg,lower temp bracket is better,slower but better
cheers
fergi
ps,add your crystal or carapils if you like as well

just re read your original message,as gmk mentioned you didnt include the can of master blend, the above doesnt include the can of master blend,if you use the master blend cut your dried malt by half

Fergi,

Thanks for that will use the whole can along with the malt and take out the dextrose. Temp bracket will be fine

Ross, I live at Carina

Back