Morgans Brew- Lost The Plot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Big Burper

Reaction score
<h1 id="message_view_subject">New Queenslander Bitter</h1> Thursday, 20 September, 2012 4:44 PM From: "David Blake" <[email protected]> View contact details To: [email protected].

I have just tasted your new canned Queenslander Bitter (the one with the new plastic cap that is nigh on impossible to remove).

I noticed when I was brewing that the colour of the wort was paler than usual, and taste now confirms that the malt used in these new cans is not the same malt as in the old cans.

I should know, I have brewed over 200 batches of Queenslander Bitter.

The labelon the can states "Product of Australia", but I reckon this is imported Chinese malt, which you can obtain at a fraction of the local malt.

All in all, a wishy washy pale imitation of your once great and tasty Queenslander Bitter.

Any comments?

regards
Dave Blake
ex-customer,
Home Brewing for 40 years

<h1 id="message_view_subject">New Queenslander Bitter</h1> Thursday, 20 September, 2012 4:44 PM From: "David Blake" <[email protected]> View contact details To: [email protected].

I have just tasted your new canned Queenslander Bitter (the one with the new plastic cap that is nigh on impossible to remove).

I noticed when I was brewing that the colour of the wort was paler than usual, and taste now confirms that the malt used in these new cans is not the same malt as in the old cans.

The labelon the can states "Product of Australia", but I reckon this is imported Chinese malt, which you can obtain at a fraction of the local malt.

All in all, a wishy washy pale imitation of your once great and tasty Queenslander Bitter.

Any comments?

regards
Dave Blake
ex-customer,

Might be time to move onwards and upwards. Fresh wort kits, or dare I suggest all grain brewing. You won't regret it.

Any comments?

regards
Dave Blake
ex-customer,

Hi Dave,so you love your Queensland Bitter {200 batches } i have only tried the Qld Gold & to my way of drinking it was not worth doing twice,but i don't think the boys at Coopers would let Morgans label "Product of Australia " if it wasn't.Their are some big fines for that shit these days + a lot more bad feedback as yours is.Let's see if Morgans repley, or Coopers take a look at the brew. :beerbang:
:beerbang: :excl:

Flag this message<h1 id="message_view_subject">RE: New Queenslander Bitter</h1> Friday, 21 September, 2012 8:59 AM From: "Info Morgans Brewing" <[email protected]> Add sender to Contacts To: "'David Blake'" <[email protected]>Hi David,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the product. We have only changed the label and the lids. The malt product is exactly the same product as it used to be. We do not import malt from China for our extracts. Queensland Bitter is manufactured in Australia using Australian malt barley and always has been.

Cheers
Morgan's Brewing Co. Pty Ltd

1300 882 143
www.morgansbrewing.com.au

Well, there ya go!

Maybe I've lost the plot.

Am I too old? Is it too late?
(Pink Floyd)

:ph34r:

Maybe its the only fresh one you have ever had..... :ph34r:

Running around over the same old ground, what have you found?

Back