Morgan's beer tin vs malt extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,

Ive been brewing with Morgan's beer tins for about 9 months, and while my beers are good i'm starting to experiment a bit.

When I first started, I mixed Morgan's Pacific Pale Ale tin (1.7kg) with Morgan's Master Malt (Extra Pale) (1.5kg), adding dextrose and dry-hopping.

I'm starting to wonder exactly what is in the 2 tins I mix together, and thought... aren't they the same thing(ish)?!

In this case, what is the difference between the 2 tins above? Can I just use 1 of them? I've been on Morgan's website, and cannot find out the ingredients.

The 1.7kg tins are hopped and the 1.5kg tins arnt. I wouldn't personally use 2 hopped tins in the same brew but don't see why you couldn't. DME is unhopped and I believe but could be wrong that 1kg of dry malt is equal to 1.5kg of liquid malt. Have fun buddy

I swapped out the 1.5kg tin of malt, for 0.5kg of light DME. I've only just kegged so not fully carbonated yet, but the taste is pretty much the same (as is the ABV%). So far so good :)

Next experiment is adding 250g maltodextrin to my next brew. Will see how that turns out in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Back