More Time In The Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkitewhitey

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bottled my first Coopers IPA back on 30th April so It has been a few weeks now but it still tastes very green. I guess it's a colder weather thing that it'll take longer than normal to condition up in the bottle? Is this moreso with the IPA or will it be the case will most brews during the colder months?

Cheers

Tony :icon_chickcheers:

Hey guys,

I bottled my first Coopers IPA back on 30th April so It has been a few weeks now but it still tastes very green. I guess it's a colder weather thing that it'll take longer than normal to condition up in the bottle? Is this moreso with the IPA or will it be the case will most brews during the colder months?

Cheers

Having never brewed an IPA from the can i cant judge but i made a mini batch a few weeks ago, came out 9% and very very hoppy/malty/bitter. I would think that it would take anywhere up to 2-3 months to start really balancing out but i could be wrong.

Hey guys,

Cheers

I haven't made the beer you're talking about, but I live in a cold area, and recon it takes a good 3 to 4 months for some brews to mellow out in the bottle.

Keep making em, and you'll have a good stockpile to sample from.

Cheers

In my experiences most beers will take a few months to get to their best (Wheat beers excluded), and kit beers tend to hold onto that green flavor a little longer IMO. I'd give it a few more weeks and crack another one, you'll notice a big difference

Thanks guys.. I really appreciate the responses. I'll Leave em a while longer... The IPA is just one of 4 batches done over the last little while so come july/August I cant see me getting anything done around the house cos i'll be 'sampling' my work.. :) haha

Thanks

must say im guilty of opening it after a couple weeks,been meaning to try and stockpile but just cant seem to brew enough to keep up with consumption

I find if i go to bunnings i take a couple of cardboard boxes, i then pack away most of them in the boxes taped up nice and tight, put them under the stairs, leave 6 or so out for the first 2-3 weeks to test, if they are nicely packed up in boxes i find they last a little longer. I can usually wait 4-5 weeks before ripping open the boxes, put half in the fridge and the rest go on my ageing shelf. Works for me :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back