More % Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretto

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keen to experiment. im gonna do a cheap brand draught and ad two kgs of suguar to get a hit from. and to knock my mates socks off.

any tips???

i was thinking i would need to use two packets of yeast. all round cheap beer.. have about six to realy get you legless

:party:

So you are not brewing for taste then I gather. <_<

With 2 kgs of sugar it will be a very thin and dry conncoction. My only advice would be have the Panadol and bucket by the bed the following morning.

C&B
TDA

sorry about that mate you sound a little upset by that.

What TDA says is quite true Bretto, while you will have a very high alco % the final product, for want of a better word, will taste like crap :unsure: .
it will be very cidery and the alco taste will be overpowering, and not something you or your mates will enjoy drinking.

Cheers
Andrew

Why not just slip a Rohypnol in a stubbie of VB and give em that... :wacko:
...Spend the time brewing something tasty

Asher for now

You want cheap? Make pruno. Ferment whatever you can get your hands on, orange flesh, potato peels, outer leaves of lettuce. Why waste good money on table sugar when your compost heap is teaming with wasted fermentable matter? Don't worry about buying that expensive brewing yeast. A handful of baker's yeast will ferment that right out. If you get some pumpkin in there, you might even get a colour that looks like beer.

Methylated Spirits can also be drunk with a high cost effectiveness for intoxicating effect. :eek:

Asher said:
Why not just slip a Rohypnol in a stubbie of VB and give em that... :wacko:
...Spend the time brewing something tasty

Asher for now
[post="67682"][/post]​

C'mon Asher, that's no good unless his mates are girls. :lol:

Agree with the rest though. What's the point of making beer merely to get pissed.

By some cough-medicine or turps. <_<

Warren -

In my kit days at uni I tried something like this and will certainly vouch for the fact that it was crap.

If all you want is alc then go ahead your taste buds will probably numb along the way - but I'd have the bucket & panadol ready as well.

C'mon Asher, that's no good unless his mates are girls.

Have you seen bretto's profile - his pic is better than his atvar thingy

No offense ment bretto :party:

Asher

Making a strong beer requires a bit of practice, as I'm finding out.

Got about 180 stubbies of unbalanced beer of varying degrees left to drink, then who knows?

The aftertaste in the burp is the one that gets me.

Asher said:
Have you seen bretto's profile - his pic is better than his atvar thingy

Asher
[post="67704"][/post]​

Hmmm... Just looked. :rolleyes: Bretto has got a nice setto. B)

Warren -

maybe they're the friends he's fermenting for

I agree with pretty much everything written here.

If you want a cheap high alcohol brew you'd be better off just getting 2 cans of a home brand kit and maybe throwing a little dextrose at it to bump it up further.

Or you could get about 5kg of grain...

I vote with the "make it tasty" crowd.

thanks for all the replys . but i think i wll just stick to what ive got in all the kegs out in the bar anyway ,

Went to the LHBS recently and the owner was showing me a brew he just put down. It consists of 6kg of liquid malt! The OG was around 2100 and he reckons it will finish up at around 1020ish. God damn its going to be high in alcohol! Maybe this one will taste good though. He was saying he used some champagne yeast to start and then moved to an ale yeast. The thing was going off its head!

Jino said:
Went to the LHBS recently and the owner was showing me a brew he just put down. It consists of 6kg of liquid malt! The OG was around 2100 and he reckons it will finish up at around 1020ish. God damn its going to be high in alcohol! Maybe this one will taste good though. He was saying he used some champagne yeast to start and then moved to an ale yeast. The thing was going off its head!
[post="67805"][/post]​

Jino,

If that was at Mark's shop, the SG was down from 1200 (initial, not 2100, IIRC) to 1040 on Monday arvo.

Seth out :p

Latest posts

Back