More Beer Equipment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
Gidday to everyone! I have been away working - always a good thing - for the last three months so havent been on the board at all! My loss.

I am interested to know if any one here has any of the More Beer Equipment specifically their all grain systems.

http://www.morebeer.com/browse.html?catego...eyword=&x=1&y=1

I am taking delivery of a B3 1550 within the next two weeks and would love to hear of any ones experience with these or their other systems. I know John from Grain and Grape has or is bringing in some of the fermenters and other gadgets. Happy to hear from anyone in Aus who has a system.

Thanks

Would love to have experiance/own one of these babys but the delivery cost is way too rich for my blood.

MIght be someone around though.....

Will be keen to hear your experiance once you have given the system a good run.

Paul,

Highly unlikely too many people would be lucky enough to own/operate one of these systems in Australia.

Good forum to try would be with American owners. There'd have to be a few operating there.

Try this.

BREWBOARD

Nice toy. :rolleyes: Enjoy it.

Warren -

You are a lucky man Paul.
I would love a B3-2000 rig. If my savings for my 40th keep going well, I should be looking good.

As for discussions with other owners MoreBeer have a forum here for their sculptures

BTW, how was the shipping cost ? Ok, bad or horrendus ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
BTW, how was the shipping cost ? Ok, bad or horrendus ?

Beers,
Doc
[post="69882"][/post]​

G'day Paul,

Also very envious of the new system. I'd love to get an idea of the shipping as well, if that isn't 'classified' info...

Thanks,

Shawn.

Green with envy here. I guess you can claim it as a business expense so that will make it somewhat more affordable. I think I would have trouble claiming it as an expense for my work :(

Merc, i hear they are very good, a lot of the seppos i talk to have them and love them....but i think you should have it sent to my place, so i can test run it.....your way to busy to do it yourself :party: :party:

Certainly didnt mean to make anyone feel jealous and yes I will be calling it a business expense!! As for shipping it any where other than my home - forget it. I ordered it in Feb and unfortunately has taken this long to get here after some manufacturing delays. I have a couple of very generous (or perhaps silly) business partners that I managed to convince regarding the need for such a system. I have also spoken to a couple of pro brewers regarding hiring the system out to them so they can do some experimental work on new brews and the response has been positive.

The Seibel Brewing Institute actually uses one of these (fully kitted of course) for some of their brewing courses that they offer and in fact the guy that I dealt with is currently teaching the Siebel Brewing's Advanced Homebrew course.

Thanks Doc regarding the More Beer forums. I have been on there and discussed pros and cons with other owners regarding the set up I was considering late last year. It is a good forum.

The set up:
b3 1550
> stainless steel ball valve
> smart no brass
> diverter plate
> boil screen
> wheel barrow
> step up
> food grade plastic qd semi pro connenctivity cp240

Freight was a killer as the first quote was around$1200 US Finaly got it down to $600 US delivered to port. I will be picking it up at my own costs from there. The system comes screwed on to a pallet so need forklift to load and unload or lift tray truck.

The system itself (as I am sure a few of you will be wondering and to save you working it out off the site) cost me $3004 US but as you can see on the site you could spend quite a lot more for a fully automated system and then a couple of the stainless fermenters!!!

Still hope to hear from some one in Aus who has one of thses systems as I know from talking with the More Beer guys that they have sent them Down Under.

Doing a beer tasting at Transport tonight for 80 lawyers - one of four beers.

Cheers :beer:

whoa!

Flash azz !

Are they 110v or 240v?

Batz

Thanks for that Paul.

There is a bloke I have met here in Newcastle who imported a 'megasystem' like yours from the States, but to my knowledge he doesn't frequent this forum. I'm not sure if his was a 'morebeer' unit or another brand, but he paid similar money, if not a bit more from memory. Certainly is an excellent looking system. I'll try and find out for you and if it is a morebeer system I'll tell him to contact you via this forum.

Shawn.

G'day Paul....

My brewery, although home made relies heavily on a pick of morebeer parts for automation. The basis of design is similar to their systems.

Currently more beer parts include:-
H212 : Burner - 200,000 Low Pressure Propane - Morebeer burners, on both my HLT and Kettle. these burner include pilot lights (essential for temp control on my HLT)

Digital tempFE610A : Digital Temperature Controller - This is used to switch a gas solenoid valve on the HLT. thus controlling any set temperature...awesome piece of kit!!!

E300 : Electronic Mash Tun Float Switch - Used to control flood sparge water levels. Automates the pumping of sparge water from HLT

H315 : High Temperature Polysulphone Pump - Mine's the 240V model though... I hope your morebeer system is set up for 240V power????

WC90 : Chillus Convolutus - Convoluted copper counterflow chiller

H501E : CPC Female QD - 1/2" Barb - Female CPC quick disconnects on all hoses, Male on all equipment...

H985 : Tubing - Silicone (1/2" ID) - This hose rocks!!!

The basic 1550 system relies on immersion chilling whereas mine is CF Chilled. The burners are HP whereas mine are LP and I'm not sure what sort of automation options you ordered.... I spent a fair bit of time researching their gear & picking out the cream to build my system so would be more than happy to try and answer/iron out any problems you come up with though....

Asher for now

I'm thinking about building a deflector plate in my kettle as well actually, after browsing the more beer store a week or two back. Looks like a neat addition and should do the job well seeing as I don't use any sort of filter or pickup tube in my kettle output. Will have to see how it works out. Might TIG weld in the plate as opposed to spot welding.

Thats all.
Cheers, JD

OUCH!!!!!

Figured it would cost me around $150 bucks to hire a truck with a lift tray and go pick up the B3 system from the shipping company. Wrong!

Call me naive, call me stupid - just dont call me sober! I thought shipping charges were the charge for shipping me the unit, which they are except it is only the charge for getting to the port. Thereby other charges come in to play that some one of experience would have understood - I am gaining experience rapidly:

Charges apply for: getting it off the actual ship and on to the doc, customs inspection, fumigation of crating, duty, gst, delivery and brokerage.

Grand Total $1637.02

So I guess it is not exactly "freight" but it certainly is part of bringing the system in.

Ouch indeed.
But definitely worth it.
Looking forward to the pics to really make us all jealous.

Beers,
Doc

The memories of my first morebeer order come flooding back. Not as bad as your's Paul, but due to the value of the order I managed to land myself with having to do a formal customs deceleration requiring the services of a shipping agent.... increased the cost of the goods by well over 30%! <_<

FWIW - the gear still paid for itself long ago.. :chug:

...Now get brewing

Asher for now

In this case about 32.7% :blink:

Get it on Friday!! I can feel a brew day coming up - geez I hope I can work out how to use it!!?

btw How do you post pictures here?

Paul,

Try this. :D

Warren -

Graphic1.jpg

Sory Paul, Im going to slightly hijack your post......but its kind of the same topic

Keep in mind anyone that needs stuff from more beer, that grain and grape have some of there stuff in stock, so instead of bothing with customs and all that crap, see if G&G will add to there order.......yopur then getting what you need, helping the local economy, and most of all not having to stuff around with customs and excises?? I think its worth trying Maybe we can con G&G to become australias first B3 franchise?

no affiliation and all that crap......

Thats okay Ozbrewer, I spoke with John from Grain and Grape today and as you said he does bring in quite a lot of More Beer stuff and in fact he has just come back from a trip over there to see the guys and the workshop etc He is developing his own b3 style kit so anyone interested should have a chat to him. the system isnt quite finished yet - I was thinking of buying his version but realsied it was a long way off from what my schedule. Any way keep an eye out on his site.

Now back to brewing software.

Green with envy...

Whereabouts are you from mercs own? I'm sure they're a few guys willing to give you a hand unpacking that baby :D

Back