Moo Brew in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm heading down to Tassie in the next couple of months & will be dropping in to Moo Brew for a look.
I've actually sent a CV through to HR expressing my interest in seeking employment in the craft beer industry.
They got back to me pretty quickly & I'm going to have a chat with the head brewer when I get down there.
I noticed their Pale Ale is $105.00 per carton & thought, holy shit, It must be good stuff.
Has anyone tried their beers?

DU99 said:
Good Beer.. :icon_drool2: best of luck with the job
Thanks Du.
They actually haven't got anything available according to Elise that emailed me back as yet but I'm just going to talk to them & express my interest.
I'd love to learn a bit more & be involved in something like this. There is a few down in Tassie so I will be non stop driving around & visiting as many as I can.
Has anyone been to my sisters fudge shop in Hobart? It's called the Retro fudge bar. They do the Salamanca markets as well.

make sure to try Seven Sheds. I have heard a not so great report about them but a friend and I ordered a dozen mixed to Melbourne and truly enjoyed each and every one.

Golani51 said:
make sure to try Seven Sheds. I have heard a not so great report about them but a friend and I ordered a dozen mixed to Melbourne and truly enjoyed each and every one.
Will do Mate.
I'll be visiting as many as I can.
Cheers

Make sure you actually drink some of their beers before you talk to the bloke.

If you can time it right, some breweries are happy for you to do some brew days with them or help them out on bottling/kegging day...a good way to get a foot in the door and get some experience...will show your keen...
Best of luck mate

I was in Tassie over Christmas/ New Year,
I tried the Belgian Pale Ale and the limited release Saison, both very nice..
Best of luck mate.

If you go the Eastern Shore, Hobart at some stage, be sure to look me up. I'll have a frothy laying around somewhere I am sure :beer:

Nibbo said:
If you can time it right, some breweries are happy for you to do some brew days with them or help them out on bottling/kegging day...a good way to get a foot in the door and get some experience...will show your keen...
Best of luck mate
I will look at doing that.
Cheers
tazman1967 said:
I was in Tassie over Christmas/ New Year,
I tried the Belgian Pale Ale and the limited release Saison, both very nice..
Best of luck mate.
Another couple to try.
Thanks
Amber Fluid said:
If you go the Eastern Shore, Hobart at some stage, be sure to look me up. I'll have a frothy laying around somewhere I am sure :beer:
Might just take you up on that.
Looking forward to getting down there.
Thanks for the offer..................................... :beerbang:

King Brown Brewing said:
Moo brew are hiring a sales person in Brisbane... It's on seek
To be totally honest, I'm sick to death of the retail game. I've been doing this shit on & off for 28yrs. If I got marooned on a tropical Island & didn't see a frickin soul for 12 months, It wouldn't bother me one bit. I have three demanding kids at home & working in retail, the stupid demanding people I deal with on a daily basis is sending me round the bend. I would ideally like to be out the back brewing the stuff than out the front selling it. I just can't be bothered listening to everyone's shit anymore.
If the opportunity came up, which it may in the future, I would change my tune if it was my beers that I was trying to promote to the public.
We are in flood here at the moment, just water over the road, no houses lost like the poor people of Queensland but the whingers & whiners of this town complain that they can't buy shit off the shelf as the trucks can't get through. FFS, I'm having a real battle on a daily basis with these morons. I'm to the point that I just walk away fearing I'll let loose & say something I might regret.
Enough rant, back to the beers.............................................. :beerbang:

:icon_offtopic: Crusty...been there with kids..can i say something about this country either it's wet one end ,fires's on other of the country,but yet we still like this country/place..

To all the flood area's people
hug.jpg

Crusty said:
Hi guys.
I'm heading down to Tassie in the next couple of months & will be dropping in to Moo Brew for a look.
I've actually sent a CV through to HR expressing my interest in seeking employment in the craft beer industry.
They got back to me pretty quickly & I'm going to have a chat with the head brewer when I get down there.
I noticed their Pale Ale is $105.00 per carton & thought, holy shit, It must be good stuff.
Has anyone tried their beers?
Thank God,
I thought for a minute you were thinking about getting into

THIS

Off topic - anyone heard anything more? Apologies for the O/T Crusty and good luck man!

what i remember of the MooBrew is that its a bloody nice drop.cant remember the styles but its goodo.
seven sheds brews are equally as good (if not better).tho personally the razzamatazz (rasberry honey wheat ale) i did'nt like because its not my type/style beer.
did'nt get to try the 2mtall brews in New Norfolk.

cheers.....spog..

p.s. when in Railton (7 sheds) marvel at the toparies? in the gardens....or not.....

Love the Moo Broo Pale Ale.
I thought their pils and their belgian were overly bitter.
The bar downstairs has several other good things on tap as well.

Seven Sheds do some bloody great beers too. Pretty exxy. I bought a 500ml one for about $30 last month!

I loved the SS set-up but wasn't a fan of a few of their beers. Yeasty aftertaste and maybe a hint of oxidation (bought fresh from the brewery).

Pretty sure David Walsh (MONA) is passionate about beer and brewing. The bar stocks a heck of a lot of other good beer besides Moo. Pretty great set-up all around (gallery is world class too)

Latest posts

Back