Moo Brew Dark Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRusty

Reaction score
I really like Moo Brew Dark Ale, and have done so for a long time. First tried it about 5 years ago, and then had it again on tap the other day. Great beer. Would love to brew a beer close to this, but I don't really have the experience to formulate a recipe based on taste. Anyone familiar with this beer want to take a guess as to the hops use? More importantly the malts? I realise I'm unlikely to hit on a clone, but would be very happy with something even remotely familiar.

Thanks.

Hey mate, here's the description of the beer from Moo Brews website.

"Dark Ale

This American Brown ale uses resinous hop flavor in synergy with caramel, chocolate and a lightly roasted finish."

Maybe a couple of leads on the malts there, I haven't tasted one for a couple of years but I remember the hop profile being piney and resinous, maybe Columbus, Chinook or Simcoe.

I remember it being a pretty tasty beer.

Had a chat to the head brewer about June last year and should be able to dig up his contact details, I'll ask super nicely about malts hops and yeast. If/when I hear something I'll let you know.

Latest posts

Back