Monster brew day - Melb Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudd

Reaction score
Come and see a few different brewing systems in action at Melbourne Brewers Monster Brew Day. Next Sunday 12 April.

Apparently it is customary to poke a little fun at everyone's system. Personally I'm looking forward to checking out how everyone else brews.

A few different systems in action;
1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system

mudd said:
Come and see a few different brewing systems in action at Melbourne Brewers Monster Brew Day. Next Sunday 12 April.

Apparently it is customary to poke a little fun at everyone's system. Personally I'm looking forward to checking out how everyone else brews.

1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system
Family commitments such as they are I will be attending for a little while (to poke fun at as many systems as I can) but not brewing sadly.

We dropped the ball here, we should have go Idzy in on the action with the monster rig and brewed 250l of RIS :icon_drool2:

It eould be great to see pics of the different systems in action! :)

I have my yearly boys golf trip so will be drinking olds at sporties.

lael said:
It would be great to see pics of the different systems in action! :)
Even better come and see them in action - if you are in Melbourne and surrounds.

1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system. Double Decocted Munich Dunkel
2. Pete is dusting off his HERMS
3. Duck is doing a BIAB (I think) - but is holding out on what he's brewing
4. Maiden brew on a Grainfather (Pete tells me it has just arrived)- hopefully it goes better than Braumeister did a few years back (not sure it was a problem with the equipment itself).

The day is open to anyone who would like to come and have a geezer at a few different systems in action, you don't need to be a member of the club.
Would be great to get a kit going and perhaps a FWK which would round out all the home brewing options.

Few extra details
Date: Sunday 12 April
Time: Roughly 8am till early afternoon - believe may drag out the BBQ so you may get a snag around lunchtime
Venue: Factory 11, 12 Edina Rd,
Ferntree Gully 3156
(Melways K11)
Map: Click Here

Cheers Mudd

1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system. Double Decocted Munich Dunkel
2. Pete is dusting off his HERMS
3. Duck is doing a BIAB (I think)showing off his Ghetto2V System- but is holding out on what he's brewing
4. Maiden brew on a Grainfather (Pete tells me it has just arrived)- hopefully it goes better than Braumeister did a few years back (not sure it was a problem with the equipment itself).

The day is open to anyone who would like to come and have a geezer at a few different systems in action, you don't need to be a member of the club.
Would be great to get a kit going and perhaps a FWK which would round out all the home brewing options.

Few extra details
Date: Sunday 12 April
Time: Roughly 8am till early afternoon - believe may drag out the BBQ so you may get a snag around lunchtime
Venue: Factory 11, 12 Edina Rd,
Ferntree Gully 3156
(Melways K11)
Map: Click Here

Cheers Mudd

I'm looking after the kids that day. Maybe I'll just plonk down a fresh wort kit on the ground and call it done.

Might pop down, I'm kinda interested in seeing a GF being used.

8am ish mash in.
Coffee run. Then timing goes out the window.

Off to a good start. Pete mashing in.

1428790781304.jpg

Not a bad turnout of people wanting to have a look.

1428800567991.jpg

Here are some pics of the day

Great to see many new faces and a lot of people looking at stepping into all grain.

Brendan C's system.JPGDucks System 1.JPGDucks system 2.JPGGrainfather being set up.JPGLots of new faces.JPGPetes Stuck Mash 1.JPGPetes Stuck Mash 2.JPG

Latest posts

Back