Monster brew day - Melb Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudd

Reaction score
Come and see a few different brewing systems in action at Melbourne Brewers Monster Brew Day. Next Sunday 12 April.

Apparently it is customary to poke a little fun at everyone's system. Personally I'm looking forward to checking out how everyone else brews.

A few different systems in action;
1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system

mudd said:
Come and see a few different brewing systems in action at Melbourne Brewers Monster Brew Day. Next Sunday 12 April.

Apparently it is customary to poke a little fun at everyone's system. Personally I'm looking forward to checking out how everyone else brews.

1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system
Family commitments such as they are I will be attending for a little while (to poke fun at as many systems as I can) but not brewing sadly.

We dropped the ball here, we should have go Idzy in on the action with the monster rig and brewed 250l of RIS :icon_drool2:

It eould be great to see pics of the different systems in action! :)

I have my yearly boys golf trip so will be drinking olds at sporties.

lael said:
It would be great to see pics of the different systems in action! :)
Even better come and see them in action - if you are in Melbourne and surrounds.

1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system. Double Decocted Munich Dunkel
2. Pete is dusting off his HERMS
3. Duck is doing a BIAB (I think) - but is holding out on what he's brewing
4. Maiden brew on a Grainfather (Pete tells me it has just arrived)- hopefully it goes better than Braumeister did a few years back (not sure it was a problem with the equipment itself).

The day is open to anyone who would like to come and have a geezer at a few different systems in action, you don't need to be a member of the club.
Would be great to get a kit going and perhaps a FWK which would round out all the home brewing options.

Few extra details
Date: Sunday 12 April
Time: Roughly 8am till early afternoon - believe may drag out the BBQ so you may get a snag around lunchtime
Venue: Factory 11, 12 Edina Rd,
Ferntree Gully 3156
(Melways K11)
Map: Click Here

Cheers Mudd

1. Mudd's 3v single pump 2 tier system. Double Decocted Munich Dunkel
2. Pete is dusting off his HERMS
3. Duck is doing a BIAB (I think)showing off his Ghetto2V System- but is holding out on what he's brewing
4. Maiden brew on a Grainfather (Pete tells me it has just arrived)- hopefully it goes better than Braumeister did a few years back (not sure it was a problem with the equipment itself).

The day is open to anyone who would like to come and have a geezer at a few different systems in action, you don't need to be a member of the club.
Would be great to get a kit going and perhaps a FWK which would round out all the home brewing options.

Few extra details
Date: Sunday 12 April
Time: Roughly 8am till early afternoon - believe may drag out the BBQ so you may get a snag around lunchtime
Venue: Factory 11, 12 Edina Rd,
Ferntree Gully 3156
(Melways K11)
Map: Click Here

Cheers Mudd

I'm looking after the kids that day. Maybe I'll just plonk down a fresh wort kit on the ground and call it done.

Might pop down, I'm kinda interested in seeing a GF being used.

8am ish mash in.
Coffee run. Then timing goes out the window.

Off to a good start. Pete mashing in.

1428790781304.jpg

Not a bad turnout of people wanting to have a look.

1428800567991.jpg

Here are some pics of the day

Great to see many new faces and a lot of people looking at stepping into all grain.

Brendan C's system.JPGDucks System 1.JPGDucks system 2.JPGGrainfather being set up.JPGLots of new faces.JPGPetes Stuck Mash 1.JPGPetes Stuck Mash 2.JPG

Back