Molson To Launch Carling In Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Molson to launch Carling in Australia
Molson has entered into a licensing agreement with Independent Liquor to introduce Carling in Australia and New Zealand. The lager will be brewed and marketed by Independent Liquor and will be available in both countries by the end of October.

Molson stated the agreement would build on the strength of the company's brand assets in new markets abroad, expanding its efforts behind the Carling brand.

Roger Smith, Australasian sales director of Independent Liquor commented: "We are excited to bring a new premium international brand to the Australia and New Zealand marketplaces. We believe its clean taste, premium packaging and reputation will be embraced by consumers in Australia and New Zealand."

Independent Liquor is an alcoholic beverage manufacturer and marketer. Its major business is in its own ready-to-drink alcoholic brands but it also produces various brands of beer, liqueurs and spirits. The company was founded in 1987, is privately owned, and operates with a turnover in excess of $300 million.

Doc said:
Molson to launch Carling in Australia

Roger Smith, Australasian sales director of Independent Liquor commented: "We are excited to bring a new premium international brand to the Australia and New Zealand marketplaces. We believe its clean taste, premium packaging and reputation will be embraced by consumers in Australia and New Zealand."
"Premium International Brand" :lol: :lol: :lol:

**** me if this isn't one of the worst beers I have ever tasted when I was in the UK and in fact in my life.:angry: I ordered a pint and could only manage a sip.
The young lager louts love it but I believe they are afraid they might taste something if they try a real ale!!!
I would drink West End draught B4 touching this crap.

C&B
TDA

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
The young lager louts love it but I believe they are afraid they might taste something if they try a real ale!!!
So we have the potential to get more of them down here, now we have their favourite beer available <_<

Doc

There may be a bright side. Carling Black Label was one of the mega swill beers in Britain whose introduction helped kick start the revolution that was CAMRA.

It is a fearsomely bad beer.

Maybe they should also import Watney's Red Barrel. :)

I agree that it is a farken awful beer, but there is always a crowd out there keen to be seen drinking a "premium international beer", and spout about the unique flavour, so I am guessing it will be here for quite a while. I have a theory that only the worst of any countries beers make it to export, cause no-one will drink it in their home country and/or it will be seen as "exotic" elsewhere. Just look at Fosters, Budwieser, Labbatts Blue and Corona. I detect a pattern here...
Trent

The local bottle-o had this on special so I grabbed a few to give a try. While I found it one of the least flavoursome beers EVER, it's the first beer my girlfriend has ever liked so I was wondering how could I reproduce it for her? (gotta keep her happy with all the brewing that's going on)

At a guess I would say they use a shitload of corn or rice and no flavour hops. Bittered to around 20 IBU maybe?

Once more the premium curse strikes again.
Premium = marketing wankspeak for the same generic shite, but with a fancier label (ie. fosters/crown).

I challenge anybody to tell me a decent beer with the word 'premium' in the title.

Does any Queenslander remember the beer strikes during the 70s about 76 if I remember. They trucked semi's full of beer to QLD from any brewery anywhere that could supply demand. That was when I tried West End. Never ever ever ever again will I drink such ants piss. Thanks for the heads up on Carling, I for one will give it a real wide berth.

Typical marketing Sullbhit.

too right barfridge!
not one springs to mind.
maybe it's like the "executive" commodore is the cheapest nastiest one!?

Just what the Australian beer market needs, another "Premium Lager".
I guess all the other brands will have to move over in the bottleshop fridge to make room for yet another unique and distinct beer.

Agree with all the above,

Read a few years ago that McDonalds was listed as the most popular food in the
world!

However, change it to what is the best food in the world? and the anwsers were way different.

Beer is the same, Most people I know have a taste for beer that has registered its reference point with megaswill, and that governs their standard of excellence.

Then stick the buzz word "premium" on it and they think their in beer heaven, Carling will be no different.

Just yet another premium lager dazzling the world with tasteless mediocrity ;)

They may as well launch rockets where the sun don't shine.

Premium (n~):
an additional amount paid for something over and above its fair value.

Oh when will the beer swilling world learn?!

And saying that McDonalds is the world's favourite food is like saying that the M25 is the worlds favourite motorway...

Back