Modded F&p P120 - Will Two Kegs Fit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvern

Reaction score
Finally getting back into brewing after getting $500 towards a keg setup for my birthday yesterday :)

I have an old Fisher and Paykel P120 that I have modified. I've folded down and back the normal square freezer element and moved the temperature control and light unit to the back of the fridge:

It looks a little ghetto at the moment (especially with the pen and plumbers tape currently holding the light switch in the off position) but the actual freezer element still seems to work fine and it despite how it looks, it actually sits right back and doesn't foul the main area of the fridge. The space I have is 680mm tall x 415mm wide x 245mm deep. the 415mm wide is between the shelf ridges (ie I may be able to get a little more space with the kegs positioned at front.

I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to fit 2x corny kegs. I'm fairly sure I can get one in there fine assuming keg dimensions of 228mm diameter and 584mm (converted inches to mm).
Can anyone confirm my measurements? or am I way out?

Thanks,

you may have to do this

i can only get one in my kelvinator

but i have a bunnings fermenter in it now and the stc-1000 running it:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just measured two cornies snug together and they are 430mm wide x 230mm deep and then around 670mm high with a disconnect and gas/beer line. Some mods may be required to fit two.

I have the same fridge which i used for 2 kegs for a while.

I'm crap at explaining things but you CAN fit 2 kegs in there without modifying anything, if you push one over on an angle towards the back of the fridge and squeeze the other one next to it. Both kegs aren't propped up with anything, just sitting on the bottom.

It was a pain and only lasted about 4-5 months before i built a kegerator.

Good luck!

I have the same fridge which i used for 2 kegs for a while.

I'm crap at explaining things but you CAN fit 2 kegs in there without modifying anything, if you push one over on an angle towards the back of the fridge and squeeze the other one next to it. Both kegs aren't propped up with anything, just sitting on the bottom.

It was a pain and only lasted about 4-5 months before i built a kegerator.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I think some modding would be needed. Hopefully will all work out - I have 10 tabs open atm all with different opinions on corny keg sizes. Either way, I'm bloody well getting some cold beer!

Thanks for the info guys, will try and post some pics when I get the kegs.

I have a westinghouse bar fridge that looks similar. To get two kegs side by side in there I needed to cut the shelf moulds out/off with a dremel

I have a westinghouse bar fridge that looks similar. To get two kegs side by side in there I needed to cut the shelf moulds out/off with a dremel
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. It appears to be solid moulded plastic rather than hollow so hopefully I can give it a neat finish if I hit it with the dremel. Fridge is ten years old so not fussed about breaking it other than the fact that it's barely been used.

i have this same fridge. with the mods you have done it will hold 2 kegs.

I kept the temp controller (box thingie) mounted on the roof of the fridge, just at the back. This leaves a bit of space on the back shelf for hops OR as i do now an stc1000 probe in a bottle of sanitiser to control the temp. I flattened out the freezer compartment more and have a font tower cooler in front of it.

I have an old f&p P120 refrigeratior that I would like to use as a kegerator. I do not envisage any problems and do not require any assistance with this project other than the location of both the condenser and the concealed gas lines on these refrigerators. Your help is much appreciated. Regards, John

About to purchase this fridge, would love some tips on how to move the temp controller back and also how to bend the freezer compartment down without snapping the line.

Going for one 19lt corny and also a 10 ltr

Cheers

Back