Mobile brewing software?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manson81

Reaction score
Has anyone come across any decent brewing software like brewmate to use on an android phone/tablet?

All the ones I've come across seem pretty shit.

I use Beersmith 2 on my galaxy tab, not quite as functional as the desktop version but still does the job for timing etc pretty well.

I use Brewzor just for the refractometer, alc / attenuation and gravity correction calculators, other than that I just use Beersmith.

+ 1 for Beersmith (although i use it on IOS) I can start to create recipes at work on my Ipad then save them to the cloud and continue them when Im at home.
Or if I create a recipe at home and then Im at work and decide to do a LHBS run at lunch time, I can log into my cloud account on Beersmith and see what I need. I only use the free cloud account because once Ive brewed the beer I copy it across to my local folder.

All the timers work etc for brew day although my PC is in the study next to the garage so I usually just use that.

Not Android, but BeerAlchemy is the software I use - also compatible with iPhone and iPad.

I use one called brew pal.
It is not massively detailed, but gives you the ability to design a brew and has all the timers.

I prefer beer smith or even the biab spreadsheet available here.

I really liked brewpal when I was on iphone, on android these days and that one isn't available (I actually contacted the author of the app a while back and asked if it ever would be and he said he had no intrest in doing it for android), very nearly convinced me to stick with iphone. Nearly.

Yeah its not bad.
The only thing I wish it had was more info on water volumes, i.e.; what to start with so with certain boil times you end up at the right volume. Not essential, but for not quite so seasoned brewers as myself I reckon it would be a big help.
Other than that I reckon its great. New function is the inventory of ingredients, thats pretty good.

I might give Beersmith mobile a go, didn't realise it was available. I haven't got the paid PC version though. Suppose I should fork out for it too.

I have recently started using BrewR for Android. Seems ok so far and free.

Back