Mixing off the taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
20 odd years ago as a young bar keep at "the Conno" as locals would know it down in the gong, there were serveral locals who woul order a '50' being half brown or black and Tooheys new there was even a local who insisted on kent old in his 50, me I'm an easy drinker not one to get the bar tender working too hard. Now that I have my own taps and the brown ale is but a few inches away when the bug bites there is really no trouble in spliting a pint.

so to you all what is your favourite split to mix up a quiet evening?
so far I have to say from our DB Fatter Yak and tony's LCBA mix really well together if not too well!

I believe it used to be called a 'Black 'n Tan' at the bar.

Haven't tried it but I started my first 'mongrel keg' last week that has APA, Euro Lager and Mild carbing away as we speak.

black and tan, heard that a few times. Lived in the Uk and it was also a regular at youngs pubs to have a ramrod and bitter... same idea

Black and tan/magpie/bruiser what ever you want to call it . Just 'Tooheys old' with a dash of whatever.

Drink it everytime im at the pub thanks to there being no other ale.

Never thought to mix my beers at home although i have a pretty bitter IBA that could probably appreciate a dash of pale ale if i had it on.

I did a batch of kolsch that turned out under attenuated so is too sweet and has really poor head retention. I've been mixing it with whatever else i have on top just to use it up, as it's not a bad beer. Mix in a third of a pint of something drier and it's actually not bad at all.I refuse to tip a 50L batch that's not completely undrinkable and I've only got about 12 or so litres left now.

I once had a weissbier that lacked character (friggin WB-06) but blended well with the American Pale Ale on the next tap = American Wheat

Back