Miracle Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Just helped Poodz make a Miracle Box for 100.00.

Cost Breakdown...
SS Coil 30.00
picnic tap 15.00
esky (chipaschips) 30.00
liquid disconect 15.00
clamps and line 10.00

Advice frrom GMK....PRICELESS :rolleyes:

All up 100.00 for a miracle box that he is taking to a party tonight...
Here are some pics...

miraclebox.jpg

Miracle Box with Ice...

miracle_ice.jpg

Pouring the first beer.....

:chug:

poodzmiraclebox.jpg

...and it works great!!!

My mates at the party loved it, and didnt mind the beer either :)

Cheers for the help GMK.

Nice photo, who is that bloke?

Went to a small get together on Saturday and I thought I would take MY Miracle Box.
Its called an "esky".

Got sick of drinking "swill".

See pic

P1010019.JPG

That'll do the job.

One day ill stick a tap on the side of the esky so i dont have to open it to pour a drink.

Poodz,

How cold was the beer poured from the miracle box? I'm heading down exactly the same path and will be using the miracle box to cool beer from a warm keg. I'm curious as to what sort of performance I can expect.

Cheers,

Dave

Take beer to a party?

BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT!

thats awesome, that will be one of my up and coming projects for sure.

Just wondering, what is the lenght of the coil? I mean, i want to know so i can buy an esky it will fit into. So the lenght coiled, not uncoiled.

Cheers

Coil is approx 120mm square by 400mm long uncompressed - over 15m of 6mm ss tube pre-coiled - only 30.00 ea from GMK Enterprises... :D

Dave,

The beer was cold. I had my keg in the fridge before taking it to the bbq. But well into the night the beer was still very cold out the tap even after the keg had been out the fridge for 5-6 hours.

Im curious to try it with unrefridgerated beer in the middle of summer but its easy enough to just have the keg cold before hand and the miracle box will do the rest.

I recommond a set up like this, its a great talking point too and everyone is impressed. Although i got a few "thats a bit over the top" looks. But who cares!

Poodz,

I'm planning on taking this setup camping so a cold keg isn't a option unless I put it on ice. I'm hoping the miracle box can effectively cool warm beer but only time will tell. All parts ordered from Ken and I'm hoping to have it set up for the first camping trip in September.

Dave

Dave

I have a proper miracle box and have used it very successfully with warm beer kegs. The only reason it would not work with the SS coil is if the surface area is too small. If this is the case there are 2 ways to improve it.
1. Provide more surface area, ie get another coil and add it after the first coil. Still for $60 it's pretty good, and you could always split them later to run 2 cool kegs at once.
2. Reduce the flow so that the beer has more contact time with the coil. To do this you would probably need a flow regulator which will cost about the same ($20-$25)

Hoops

Dave, i was pouring off head pressure through 15m of coil in ice, i didnt even add water to make the coil cool quicker. The beer was cold and coming out slowly so i wouldnt bother with a flow regulator yet. Try it out first the same set up as mine and then modify if its not cold enough for you.

just thouhgt i would bring back this topic from the past, as im in the process of building one of these now.

So GMK if you see this, im in need of a SS coil of you still have one.

I already have an esky (drainage plug in the bottom is broken but nothing alittle silicon wont fix i thik) I have a picnic tap on the way, and i have beer line lyinging around, but i just wanted to know how i attach the beer line to the coil as i read it is 6mm, and i only have 5mm and 4mm line. do i need to go find some 6mm line and a reducer (to fit the disconnect?)

Still on the look out for a gas and liquid disconnects so if anyone wants to sell me them for dirt cheap ill take em, other wise ill just go through the local shop.

cheers

also wanted to know if anyone had tryed one of these with kegs that had not been fridged?

What results did you get, rough temps and stuff,

cheers

KMan,

I've taken mine camping twice now and poured cold beer from a warmish keg. No ideas of temps and haven't yet tried it in the middle of summer. When the temperature warms up I'm planning on wrappig a wet towel around the keg and leaving it in the shade.

My mates have labelled it the UCA - Ultimate Camping Accessory.

Dave

yeah, i want one mainly for camping, and also to take to partys and such.

Unforunately GMK just got back to me and he has no more coils to sell, so its back to the drawing board.

Do you have any pics of your box? Or can you tell me what its made up of and where you got everything (actually mainly just the coil)

cheers

hope to have something up and running before new years, so i have about 4 weeks

I used one of GMK's stainless steel coils and the setup looks very similar to the picture posted on the first page. The only difference is I've mounted a Andale tap on the front of the esky.

If you can't get hold of a stainless steel coil then one option would be to use a mass of beer line with spacers between them to allow the ice and water maximum surface area.

Back