Miracle Box Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

robbo5253

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have an old school Miracle Box that I used on the weekend, however it was a disaster.
Heady Beer from start to finish.

Was a commercial keg. Coupler with JG fittings.

My issue was that there was bubbles coming up the beer line from the keg & foaming in the line.
I tried low pressure, high pressure, degassed the keg & started low and built up but still the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

It is getting old, so I think I will rebuild it with a new coupler, go to ball lock fittings on the coupler.
Then new beer line & tap. Any suggestions on beer line ID and length?

May look to replace the tap as well if I get keen. Are the Perlick flow controls still the best way to go?

Cheers

Robbo

duncbrewer

Reaction score
Carbonation, temperature, gravity and line length all play a part plus some other minor factors but no witchcraft.

Look at this to work out your target pressure and measure the pressure you have along with beer temperature

and this

you need to do a bit of metrication with the line length but will get you very close. A few more seconds for your pint saves a lot more time than waiting for a quickly poured glass of foam to settle.

wealsy22

Reaction score
What's inside the Esky/Miracle Box?

Stainless Coil? Aluminium Cold Plate?

If it's one of the above we usually run between 30-40psi. (If the cold plate is a 2 Product and loops through twice)

Cheers

robbo5253

Reaction score
Its a traditional Miracle box with the Plate in the bottom.
Its just a single product.

Think I will just rebuild it & see how it goes.

Cheers

Latest posts