Mini-mash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Reaction score
I need to know the best way to store bulk grains & how long I can safely use them before they are past their 'use by' date. I am from SE Queensland & it's bloody hot at the moment. Also any info on partial mashing techniques would be greatly appreciated. Also (again) I've had 50g of Goldings hop pellets in the freezer for 12 months now. Are they still worth using??

Pete, Can't help you out much with the storage of products however last weekend I did my first partial mash and took some photos with instructions. (Helped by Dave @ Goliath Brewing)

http://www.elogicmedia.com/homebrew/

Should help you out a little.. Good Luck

Storage of products, there was a good thread going a few weeks ago, do a search and you should find it.

BYO did have a good article, I think it was one of the articles that ended up on line, so have a search there.

If at all possible, dig a cellar, you are going to need one for the brewing. Dig a big cellar.

Have fun with the mini mashing. Next stop, your first all grain brew.

:lol: ha ha ha that cracks me up POL! I can just imagine my wife..."honey what are you doing with that bobcat!?" me: "oh I'm just going to dig a cellar to store my grains and ferment the wort!". wife, smiling strangely:"oooookay...I'm just going to slowly walk upstairs and call for some help from some friends in white coats....."

geez,snow a very understanding missus you have , my would use a one word reply that word would be wanker!

sluggerdog said:
Pete, Can't help you out much with the storage of products however last weekend I did my first partial mash and took some photos with instructions. (Helped by Dave @ Goliath Brewing)

http://www.elogicmedia.com/homebrew/

Should help you out a little.. Good Luck
With the quoted mini-mash that I did it came out great (minus the dry ezyme) and the colour.

Does anyone know of a way I can reduce the darkness of the beer?

Maybe not boil the LME for the full hour?

Comments/Suggestions Please

Back