Mini Kegerator for 9.5l keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earle

Choc wheat fiend
Reaction score
Recently acquired a 9.5l keg so have knocked up this mini kegerator for it. Pretty happy with the way it has come up.

It's a 30l plastic drum inside a 60 litre plastic drum. A disc of 30mm insulation board between them at the bottom and then lots of lengths around the sides. Some corflute siliconed in to finish the top. Have added a drain to allow for ice replenishment for longer uses.

I'm going to add a circle of the insulation board under the lid. Without the lid a standard corny protrudes out the top, mainly the rubbertop as well as another 50mm of the keg. But if ice was packed in you could use it that way short term.

med_gallery_7015_1300_100689.jpg

med_gallery_7015_1300_26275.jpg

med_gallery_7015_1300_24636.jpg

med_gallery_7015_1300_7177.jpg

Where'd you get the drums from Earle? Id like to have a crack at something like that.

From a local guy that I found on gumtree. Best suggestion I can offer you is to search gumtree for plastic drums.

Yeah ive got a fair few off gummy for grain and rainwater but the shape and colour of that one is perfect

I think the white drum was a lucky find. The guy had mostly the blue taller ones is all different sizes, when I described what I wanted to do with them he went and pulled out the white one.

that pretty fkn *cough* pricey. Theres a plastics place not far from work. Ill check out what they have. Otherwise Ill just be keep an eye out on Gummy. Another saved search :lol:

That looks perfect but a bit out of my way time wise. How did i miss that one?

nosco said:
that pretty fkn *cough* pricey. Theres a plastics place not far from work. Ill check out what they have. Otherwise Ill just be keep an eye out on Gummy. Another saved search :lol:
Goes with the pricey 9.5L keg then?

Yeah they are pricey for the size but i got %20 off at the last grain and grape sale. Im sure Barls was just giving an example but you can get 60lt drums for half what Anaconda are asking.

Keg Party Box.jpg

We made this fella a few years ago. it has an aluminium chill plate in it, but no reason why you couldn't sit a 9.5Lt keg in it. Little bit of novelty factor, and the keg was free.

Latest posts

Back