Mini Keg Growler EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
time for some open clarity..

I got a little skeptical after some of the feedback, aligned with the fact the OS suppliers were a little less than 'open' about specification and communication was a little lax.. I could push it though but to be honest, I dont think Ive got the strength and nor do I want to tarnish my Bulk Buy runs with a vast amount of sub standard products.

sooooo..

Ive been contacted by numerous 'local' suppliers and been given a price point with postage options, Ive got to say, its fairly attractive from a warranty point of view and a "it saves my marriage" point of view...

I need to correlate the price points before I commit, but I can say, it's likely to go ahead, Im still keen and may well opt out of the 2L ones in favor of the 4L or 5L versions.. all will come branded but I dont think any of us will give 2 shits about that, the only unknown at this point is which brand.

I should be able to clarify prices during the coming week.

Yob

Sounds great Yob, looking forward to more developments.

Cheers

Ive set up the Spread-sheet for pricing comparison this morning, looking like I have a preferred supplier, just waiting on a few details so I can be clear in my mind what's on the table.

Id be looking to secure this order and payments in the next few weeks and get it closed off.... too many bulk buys makes Yob a little crazy...

Good work mate.. I know there is a lot of background research to find the best result..YOB = BB LEGEND :beerbang:

After several attempts and following the instructions to the letter, it was quite hard to maintain a pouring pressure that didn’t result in either no beer coming out, or pouring a beer that was almost entirely head. I feel like a better quality, more sensitive regulator could have addressed this issue.
After some fiddling around I did eventually get a good pour, but for me the juice has to be worth the squeeze, and in my mind the tap system needs some work before I’d drop $100+ on it.
These were the issues that I was talking about. A better reg won't fix the issue (I actually had a better reg), it's more to do with balancing. I had the same thing - fiddle around and you can get a decent pour, but then the pressure needed for that ends up causing foaming once you've left it for a while and go for a second pour. If you replaced the tap with a length of beer line and a picnic tap (or whatever), you'd probably not have the issue. But then you can do all that with a 9L corny for less $$.

One of the reasons Im interested in the Dual Post head unit, at least I can just attach my pluto gun to it.

Yob said:
like zis

attachicon.gif
attachment.png
like zis... I think these will be of some value and are the ones Im chasing right now

The supplier I sent you details of has those caps.

But like I said, you may as well buy a 9L corny. If you're after something smaller, then Craftbrewer already has everything you need for around $100. Only difference is it comes as a 2L stainless growler with reg and tap, instead of a mini-keg with reg and tap.

https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=5148
https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=5645
https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4995

If you really have to have the mini keg and want to save cash, ask that supplier I sent you details of for their version of the plastic cap that Craftbrewer sell. I've got their catalog if you want me to post pictures?

Personally, I'll not be getting any 2l versions, I've got enough.. I just got 4 more as a prize on top of the 8 or 9 glass ones I had..

4l mini tanks are perfect for my size batches as I still brew about 23-25l.

When I've posted the prices and details I'm sure many will follow suit.

I've seen those plastic head units and frankly we will do better.

I'm not going to import myself, we will be using a local supplier (Australian that is, not Victorian) the os suppliers were less than forward with the detail I was after so **** em.. Besides, local buy, local warranty.

Admittedly the prices were fantastic, but if they wont communicate readily, back themselves and their products. I'd rather support local than risk falling foul with other peoples money

Supplier has been chosen based on price and excellent communication.

So, here are some images of the Heads (Dual Post) and the Regulators I believe will be best

Head.JPG

Twin post will allow a pluto setup to be utilised which should make ballancing the smaller units a bit less fiddly

Regulator.JPG

These regulators, while I havnt used them surely cant be worse that those other little fuckers which Ive had nothing but trouble with on every one Ive owned.

Prices (as given by supplier)

(A) - 64oz (2L) mini keg with any head unit and a premium mini reg $130

(B) -1 Gal (4L) mini keg with any head unit and a premium mini reg $140

(C) - 5L with any head unit and a premium mini reg $151.50

Extra 64 oz (2L) keg $33

Extra 1gal (4L) Keg $43

Extra 5L keg $56

Please restart list and indicate type

Note: Shipping will be handled out of NSW but I will work with the supplier on a VERY competitive rate.

Prices (as given by supplier)

(A) - 64oz (2L) mini keg with any head unit and a premium mini reg $130

( B) -1 Gal (4L) mini keg with any head unit and a premium mini reg $140

(C) - 5L with any head unit and a premium mini reg $151.50

Extra 64 oz (2L) keg $33

Extra 1gal (4L) Keg $43

Extra 5L keg $56

2lt jobbies

Fraser_John: 4, 3 without dispensing unit, 1 with dispensing unit - Shipping Geelong
Cosdog: 1 - Brisbane
Topher: 1 - Sydney
timmi9191 1 - price dependant, pick up, plus dispensing
takai: 2 - pickup, pending price
WillCowan x 2 without dispensing - Pick up - Price pending
durham70: 2 Sydney
620rossco 1- Coffs Harbour Plus dispensing
GoodDuck x 1 - Pickup - price depending
Brewnut x 1 no dispensing unit- Brisbane
Technobabble x1(or 2) no dispensing unit - price & rust dependent.
Total: 19
Reserve
madpierre06 x 1 + disp. - brisbane price/issues dependent
Total: 1

4lt jobbies

Yob: 1 x B + Extra
Husky: 1 - Pick Up
Cosdog: 1 - Brisbane
frag_dog: 1 - Brisbane
n87: 3 - Sydney (North Ryde)
bradsbrew: 1 - Kallangur
barls 1 - sydney price dependent
Topher 1 - Sydney. Also keen on dispening stuff price dependent.
Hophead2. : 1 Brisbane
Wolfman: 2 depends on price pick up
timmi9191 1 - price dependant, pick up
BirkdaleBob - Brisbane - 1
Masters- pick up :D -2
takai : 1 pending price, pickup
Grainer x 1
jonnir x 2 with dispensing. Brisbane. Price pending
WillCowan x 1 with dispensing - Pick up - Price pending
durham70 x 1 with dispensing - Sydney
620Rossco x 1 Coffs Harbour
GoodDuck x 1 - Pickup - price depending
AJ80 x 2 + dispensing equipment - price dependant
Kaiserben x 3 + dispensing equipment - Sydney - price pending.
Brewnut x 1 no dispensing unit - Brisbane
Technobabble x2 + 1 dispensing unit (v prefer ball lock, tho), price & rust dependent.

Total: 30

Reserve List

Spaced x 1 - Brisbane (pending quote)
madpierre06 x 1 + disp. - Brisbane - price and other issues dependent
Bouncingcastle- 1x 4l disp., 1x2l (Melbourne) depending on price
nainsook: 1x4L
Total: 4

5L Jobbies
Yob: 1 x C + extra

Yob,

Is the regulator compulsory?
If not, how much does that add onto the price?

Yob dependent on timings I'm driving to Sydney then back 5 days later mid next month if that'll help you out. I drive a reasonable size 4WD and it'll be empty.

MB

I am also interested in one without the reg, i already have a couple of compatible regs.

yob can i up mine to 1 extra 4L one, just the keg, as well as the one i have. I'm after the dual post head if i can
also happy to be the distribution point for sydney if and when we need to get them up here.

Hay barls. Only looking at the dual post head, I think it's going to be better all round.

It also looks like the supplier will be NSW based afaik so should simplify it for you guys, he has been pretty helpful with options so I rekon it'll play out well.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back