Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multi grips and caution were the winner. I'm glad I was able to liberate the Pale Ale trapped inside. Thank you to all for your support

Carbed up nicely. The cap just needed something stronger than my office hands.

The screw cap is not a bright idea. You should really get one with a PRV if you are going to have contents under pressure.

Agree however should not be a real problem if not over carbonated just like a bottle (no PRV there)

That was my thinking. There was no issue of over carbonation so I figured I wouldn't need a cap with a PRV. I might try it again this weekend.

I’d just put a bit of keg lube on the thread and cap seal and tighten by hand. When ready to open you should be able to just push down and undo, failing that you know the grips work.

Actually for 22 bucks the cap with the gas post would be best value as you can still relieve the pressure but if extra or total carbonation is required it will do the job.

That was my thinking. There was no issue of over carbonation so I figured I wouldn't need a cap with a PRV. I might try it again this weekend.
The difference is that the mini keg and cap are both stainless steel, unlike the bottle and its cap. SS threads has a tendency to bind. Lube as suggested by Grott would hopefully make a bit f difference.

2.jpg
I've been a bit slack but finally finished my party box ready for Christmas.
Two kegs so just about a carton of two mixed beers, should prove popular. [/ATTACH]
1.jpg
4.jpg

Nice. CO2 bottle plus regulator is always a pain in the butt. Heavy and bulky :-(

Batz, please put yourself down for hosting a case swap.... would love a resort retreat venue

Perhaps not a resort, and no pool, snakes and scary biting stuff no problem.
Yes time I did another case swap here. I've been out of the loop a while.

Batz

Back