Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be keen . Would myself but just did a bulk buy for one of my other hobbies and that's enough for a while. Lotttsss of work

I’ll be selling my two 5L ones with all the bits once I get the replacements - once I confirm they’re OK of course. During the to-ing and fro-ing I found another solution. Don’t have them yet though, but will post a thread when I do.

I’ll be selling my two 5L ones with all the bits once I get the replacements - once I confirm they’re OK of course. During the to-ing and fro-ing I found another solution. Don’t have them yet though, but will post a thread when I do.
I might very well be interested. Don't live anywhere near Toowoomba by any chance?

All natural here too. I stop trying to carbonate to style, preferring to stay on the lower end of CO2 vol, which is approx 90g of dextrose per 20L. Pretty much hit the sweet spot between mini keg/dispense/carbonation level.

Somewhere in this thread I think force carbonation was mentioned, otherwise I think ikegger have it on their YouTube channel.
I am planning on bottling most of my beer as I only have 7litres of keg space would that amount of dextrose be ok for both? Thanks

Note, these regs do not like the gas supply attached with the reg pressure dial on, always have it off otherwise damage can occur.

Can you explain grott? Do you mean when it's disconnected from the keg and not being used, or do you mean you've encountered damage from leaving it on when connected to the keg. Mine hasn't been used that much, but when connected to the keg I thought the idea was leave it at serving pressure.

The portable version has provided some insights into the permanent one for the courtyard.

2 x 5L mini kegs fits into a bar fridge and a few bottled beers on the shelf. 2 x Flow control taps. 2 way gas splitter. Soda Stream to push the grog out at 8psi. Beer line is about 1m which doesn't affect the overall beer temp in the glass, interesting to see how this system copes with warmer weather. Info mostly gained from watching this thread and others on AHB forum. [emoji2]
a875d52b537675a3af24df1201387c6a.jpg
b16dec64c9a76b04633c311c07bcd0e4.jpg
fd55c2d845775682944645c0c8033fc9.jpg
327eb9ebf6122f5592f55eb6807fd946.jpg
d88395cdc644fda3b3229568aca9c311.jpg
25eee093a6e33cff7cf72699110eedc5.jpg

I am planning on bottling most of my beer as I only have 7litres of keg space would that amount of dextrose be ok for both? Thanks
I bottle and keg as well, except I'm Keg centric and benefit from better foam control by using less dextrose. TBH I have less gushers with my bottles too. I've not had a very good experience with CO vol calculators.

Can you explain grott? Do you mean when it's disconnected from the keg and not being used, or do you mean you've encountered damage from leaving it on when connected to the keg. Mine hasn't been used that much, but when connected to the keg I thought the idea was leave it at serving pressure.

Only when you screw the Soda Stream bottle onto the gauge to use, the gauge should be off. When not using the unit I unscrew the Soda Stream bottle so as the is no pressure thus not loose any gas if there be a small leak, again the gauge is to be off when reinstalling.

Let me know when you are ready as I might be interested.

Are these faulty with he “metal taste” syndrome?

Yes the replacements will be ok, just asking if the ones he was going to sell had the metal taste fault.

I think goatchop is trying to say when he sells the thread will read “all good, no metal taste”... haha. Having a stir I think.

Yes the replacements will be ok, just asking if the ones he was going to sell had the metal taste fault.
No, I am not selling the bad ones. I wouldn't do that. I am selling the replacement ones once I get them and confirm they have no issues. I have a pale lager in the keg waiting for the chance to sacrifice itself to the gods.

Back