Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keg is given a booster Co2 charge every now and then, which is all it takes to finish off a 5L. Absolutely love the Intertap flow control tap which helps massively.
2f6114b9aa2e1e30d82b3b9c9275724a.jpg
01a4d3bf75c2ec8f5e065735c495fe52.jpg

Keg is given a booster Co2 charge every now and then, which is all it takes to finish off a 5L. Absolutely love the Intertap flow control tap which helps massively.
2f6114b9aa2e1e30d82b3b9c9275724a.jpg
01a4d3bf75c2ec8f5e065735c495fe52.jpg
What psi do you carbonate your keg? That's a great way to sit the keg, means I don't need to remove the shelves

I've seen some that fit in the fridge door itself where you sit the milk. That would be ideal

About 10 psi (based on the mini reg reading). Only works if you have the Flow control tap though. Maybe for some of you guys, but even the 4L stretches out the milk cradle, but the height including the spear head plus disconnect is so tall that the cheese compartment had to go, and that's not going to happen in my household.

About 10 psi (based on the mini reg reading). Only works if you have the Flow control tap though. Maybe for some of you guys, but even the 4L stretches out the milk cradle, but the height including the spear head plus disconnect is so tall that the cheese compartment had to go, and that's not going to happen in my household.
10psi on already carbed beer and it's ready to go after that? Or do you let sit for a while

Apologies, I meant to say already carbonated beer (2.5 Co2 vol, Hefeweizen). 10 PSI is for dispensing. No waiting, the flow control is adjusted accordingly.

Mine is more likely to be like yours I wish I could fit them standing

Apologies, I meant to say already carbonated beer (2.5 Co2 vol, Hefeweizen). 10 PSI is for dispensing. No waiting, the flow control is adjusted accordingly.
Do you carbonate in keg? I'm still new to this I got mine last week. Thanks

I naturally carbonate mine in the keg. About 2.5-3.0g sugar per L, then just use sodastream cylinders to dispense

Last edited:
I naturally carbonate mine in the keg. About 2.5-3.0g sugar per L, then just use sodastream cylinders to dispense
All natural here too. I stop trying to carbonate to style, preferring to stay on the lower end of CO2 vol, which is approx 90g of dextrose per 20L. Pretty much hit the sweet spot between mini keg/dispense/carbonation level.

Somewhere in this thread I think force carbonation was mentioned, otherwise I think ikegger have it on their YouTube channel.

is it just me or do these mini regulators suck, i have a couple and both ten to drift up to 20psi regardless how low i adjust them,

If you don’t have a none return valve connected I believe if the pressure in the keg is greater than your co2 pressure setting then the gauge will go up. This could happen with a slightly over carbonated keg.

Last edited:
Yes and no. Sounds funny but in summer sitting outside the 9.5l in an esk setup is handy for a couple of you but the 4l mini are great for a solo session. (But then again so are the 9.5 "seeingstars:). Also I can fit the 2 x 4l in the fridge with the others.
After trying the kegs again I must say I'm extremely happy with the product , cheers for the help buddy.

One of the batches has issues, the ones with no serial numbers. Where did you get them?

Hmmm. I had 3 faulty regs from BB2. Could not adjust them properly. They did not have serial numbers.
Just had them replaced with 3 new ones from ATHB.
Have only tried one and it works smoothly, no problems
None of the replacements have serial numbers

Mine was from BBIV, has no serial # and has worked well from day one. I have found the units to be sensitive and adjustments delicate to some degree but once realised with some patience it has been fine. By that I mean if I want to set at say 12psi then slight movement of the dial, then wait a bit for pressure reading to settle.
Note, these regs do not like the gas supply attached with the reg pressure dial on, always have it off otherwise damage can occur.

I guess when someone is prepared to organise and coordinate it. Fair bit of work, particularly if problems with product quality. Ask poor Zorco.

Back