Mini Keg Discussion / Mods / Show Off - Dedicated Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what I am doing is coming up with a short test procedure and being a fresh set of eyes on the issue. I'm not a partner for ATHB, but just helping with the quality and product integrity concern.

SBOB is the first priority due to his shit experience.

To answer you more directly mate, I'd say you go through Mark in the first instance. If SBOB is happy with his and I have two good ones left over then of course you should get one from the pool I have.

Agreement with Mark is required, he is honouring warranty and is having the subsequent conversations with the supplier

Sweet. I guess the issue is I don't have a receipt but he knows about them.

Currently the MFL nut on my mini regular is positioned such that the reg is upside down when connected tight to the gas disconnect.
The shitty old keg king regulator that I no longer use had a swivel connector, I've ripped it out and placed next to the reg in the 2nd pic. Does anyone know what this part is called, and if there would be an issue with me replacing the existing connector?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1488846201.022291.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1488846212.070148.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
Currently the MFL nut on my mini regular is positioned such that the reg is upside down when connected tight to the gas disconnect.
Me too, but only on the disconnect supplied by BeerKat. Two other disconnects were the right way up.

mstrelan said:
Me too, but only on the disconnect supplied by BeerKat. Two other disconnects were the right way up.
interesting.

I've fitted the KK swivel connector to one of my mini regs and it works like a charm. All praise be to teflon tape

Liam_snorkel said:
interesting.

I've fitted the KK swivel connector to one of my mini regs and it works like a charm. All praise be to teflon tape
I got my mini regs from ikegger and it shipped with the swivel adapter. I have also found that it is standard with chargers. I have given up on the craptasic mini regs in favour of using a normal 2 guage combined with a sodastream bottle because in my situation and opinion (not speaking for anyone else lol) 16g is pretty pointless for anything other than emergency dispensing or the odd occasion when it might be impractical to carry a sodastream bottle attached to a much more reliable and flexible dual guage. :)

bradsbrew said:
Just spun the wheel on their website, if anyone wants the code to get a 4L keg for $39.50 send a pm.
Another thing that folks whom would like to lay down in the fridge should look at is attaching a stainless clunk to the silicone hose. If you combine the clunk with the check valve and a picnic tap you would have a sweet set up right there because it could stay layed down.

Ah, the ikegger was what I wanted though. To connect a CO2 injector with M8 outlet to a MFL thread on a gas disconnect.

good news for you then :p

I'm now after a 1/8NPT male to M8 female connector.

Has anyone had any success with removing the black film from inside of these?
When rubbing my finger on the conical inside surface, this film looks silvery on a dry keg, black when it's wet.

I got mine from beerkat and haven't noticed the black film.
I also gave them a hot sodium perc soak and rinse before using.

Multiple hot soaks with sodium perc and Tricleanium have not helped much.
If anyone has had success with either / both, what dilution ratios did you use?

Back