Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingy said:
after the funeral and a replacement the bank account is exhausted.
I read only the quoted part of that sentence and interpreted it COMPLETELY out of context.. wondered if you were the Mail Order Bride variety :lol:

Hey zorco, can you please add me to the pm? I'm keen on updating some gear. Cheers

Zorco said:
You're in

Mk cr b82rez 2g4
Trying to read this at 1:20 am without my glasses; almost made sense, so I thought; just nip back to the bedside table, so I get back here clean glasses nice warm Milo and .... well I took them off again, if I squint I can almost decipher a word.

yee shall be our beer cryptologyst should Donald really **** up!

Trying to choose taps for these mini kegs - are flow control taps:

A) a marriage made in heaven given that we have practically no beer line to slow the flow?
B ) futile bubble makers given that there is such a high pressure differential across the tap?
C) somewhere in between A) and B ).

EDIT: Changed B's coz they became smileys.

After trying to help EalingDrop troubleshoot his FC tap, I'd say B. Then again, it could have been other components in his setup or possibly the particular brand of FC tap, so maybe C.

I've only ever used my 5L keg with the supplied tap. It's fiddly, but it can be made to work OK.

I'll be getting both anyway. if the intertap FC are no better than the brumbys for this application, they will come in handy when I build a bigger keezer (also the price is right) :)

Gottathink said:
Any one know how precise the measurements are on this:

http://www.allthingshomebrew.com.au/drip-trays/24-stainless-steel-wrap-around-drip-tray.html

How close to fitting the 4l beer can? Good enough for government work?
I have one at home, the cutout is 110mm. I remember buying it expecting it to wrap around my 113mm diameter font. Kegking also had it listed as 120mm diameter so I messaged them and they updated it

Ultimately I wouldn't have wanted it that far recessed anyway, where it is now the drips fall in the centre of the left/right sides.

Michael Burton said:
Trying to choose taps for these mini kegs - are flow control taps:

A) a marriage made in heaven given that we have practically no beer line to slow the flow?
B ) futile bubble makers given that there is such a high pressure differential across the tap?
C) somewhere in between A) and B ).

EDIT: Changed B's coz they became smileys.
peteru said:
After trying to help EalingDrop troubleshoot his FC tap, I'd say B. Then again, it could have been other components in his setup or possibly the particular brand of FC tap, so maybe C.

I've only ever used my 5L keg with the supplied tap. It's fiddly, but it can be made to work OK.
Liam_snorkel said:
I'll be getting both anyway. if the intertap FC are no better than the brumbys for this application, they will come in handy when I build a bigger keezer (also the price is right) :)
I already have 2 brumby taps that just sit in a drawer anyway, I'll give them a shot else if that fails or pisses me off I'll go for some FCs.

I figure with the mini reg should be able to get decent control as it is.

The standard set up has been ok in my experience as PeterU mentioned also.

But recently the quest has been to perfect it. The ikegger website showing 3 continuous pours was partly to blame as I've been trying to achieve that ever since. It's slowly getting better. But no magic formula yet.

EalingDrop said:
The standard set up has been ok in my experience as PeterU mentioned also.

But recently the quest has been to perfect it. The ikegger website showing 3 continuous pours was partly to blame as I've been trying to achieve that ever since. It's slowly getting better. But no magic formula yet.
This one? I ordered the same regulator from beerkat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxGGKONt_OQ

damoninja said:
This one? I ordered the same regulator from beerkat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxGGKONt_OQ
Yes, same REG as the BB MK3 & BB MK4. (The Leland copy)
The spearhead however, is different to our BB (being double lock disconnects)

I have the same horizontal spear in the video as well, but I can only use in combination with older style mini reg:

https://www.craftking.co.uk/collections/growler-keg-taps/products/growler-keg-co2-tap

Which wasn't great (foam for first pint, but gets better after that).

Right. Nice video. I wish it worked that well with the ball lock head! It doesn't.

I might know why. The T-bar type of head has a plastic flow restrictor insert that goes in the shaft just before the tap.

In theory a directly connected flow control tap should have the same effect and give pours just as good. In theory, the flow control shank adaptor from Keg King should also do the same thing. However, I have no practical experience with either of those configurations. The setup that EalingDrop is using involves a length of silicon tubing to connect the ball lock disconnect on the keg to the tap shank on his bar. We observed that some CO2 was already coming out of solution in the ball lock disconnect itself and in the beer line, however most of the foaming seemed to originate at the tap.

That sounds right Peteru, you can see on his video that the gauge needle is way up there. If I had that much pressure it would be milkshake day.

Latest posts

Back