Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys with the 2lt kegs already, how much do they hold filled to the top of the parallel sides?

Not perfectly sure mate. If someone doesn't answer before me I'll measure it out once the fam and I get home later this arvo.

I'd be down for a full 5L combo and a spare 5L keg.

If I'm just naturally conditioning in both of the kegs would I need to get a ball head for it or will the screw top hold the pressure?

Zorco said:
EOI. It will be next year, maybe Feb so we have recovered from buying shit we don't need for Christmas.
I've recovered. Can we get this under way?

Glad to see it's all about you mate....[emoji51]

I'm catching up with Mark early next week and that will start preparations.

Early Feb will be the spreadsheet. It will be user controllable so everyone will have full control of their orders including any additional upgrades and changes.

Pricing will be established by then as well.

Zorco said:
Not perfectly sure mate. If someone doesn't answer before me I'll measure it out once the fam and I get home later this arvo.
By the accounts of the pyrex and my best estimate of the height in the can: 1.7L mate.

anyone feel like getting the tape measure out and checking the height of their mini kegs? I'd like to know which would fit in my esky. I have 340mm clear.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1484203060.406326.jpg 5litre job

pretty sure the spears/heads are universal across the three minikeg sizes

Liam_snorkel said:
Am I right in assuming the spear/head unit for 5L won't fit a 2L?
It's the same head, you just need to change the silicon hose length between them. It's pretty easy to change the hose, ATHB supplied enough to cover this. Though I ended up getting enough heads to cover all my mini kegs.

I use my heads on my 5L mainly and occasionally on the 2L small fellas. The silicone hose curls up in the base. An insignificant increase in wastage I find.

Latest posts

Back