Mini Bulk Buy Hops Brisbane 2.0

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus_grant

Custom Title Now Available
Reaction score
Organiser = Angus
order date = 4 June 2012

Order cut off date = 1 June 2012
Payment due date = 1 June

Splits = No (organise with others if you want 1/2)

Number of pounds = 18
If no or lack of interest bulk buy cancelled 1 June 2012

Prices are in USD any exchange rate fluctuation fee (paypal) will be split (i am not sure if there is one on credit card -> paypal?)

On delivery i would store hops in fridge / freezer (your choice) for you to pickup in Kuraby Brisbane (or possibly CBD during business hours)
Factor in the cost of your travel & time to me to decide if it's cheaper to have an order delivered direct for you.

Variety (Currently in Stock W/ Alpha Acid %) http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry912056

Bravo ($8.00) 14-17%
Cascade ($10.00) 4-7%
Columbus ($8.00) 14-16%
Magnum ($10.00) 12-14%
Millenium ($8.00) 12-16%
Mt. Hood ($10.00) 5-8%
Northern Brewer ($10.00) 6.5-10%
Nugget ($10.00) 12.5-15%
Saaz ($10.00) 4.5-6%
Summit ($8.00) 13-16%
Willamette ($10.00) 4-6%

Orders

Angus = 4 pounds - fridge
Jameson = 4 pounds (to confirm) - fridge or freezer??

Jameson = 4 pounds - fridge 2 cascade, 1summit, 1 Columbus
DKS= 3 pounds

This is great good work. :)

DKS= 3 pounds
RdeVjun = 2 pounds 1 * Willamette, 1 * Mt Hood, fridge please, CBD pickup if possible

Running Total: 13 (Already! :blink: )

With CBD pickup it depends on my circumstances. My wife has just had a baby and they are in hospital still, and I will be taking time off when bub comes home which will probably be around 2 weeks time so I won't be at work in the CBD for 2 weeks. Anyway, we can work that out when the hops actually get into my hot little hands... B)

And yes, the first bulk hops sold out in 5 hours so you're probably lucky you got in on this one.

In case anyone is wondering, Jeff has stated in his "US hops sale" thread that the AA% is a range is because he doesn't know exactly which hops he will send but they will in that range somewhere. The exact figures will be on the bags we receive though to help with calculations.

DKS= 3 pounds
RdeVjun = 2 pounds 1 * Willamette, 1 * Mt Hood, fridge please, CBD pickup if possible
Bribie G = 3 pounds - 1 Willamette, 1 Mt Hood, 1 Cascade.

I'll send you a satchel.

running total 16 pounds

DKS= 3 pounds
Bribie G = 3 pounds - 1 Willamette, 1 Mt Hood, 1 Cascade.
TidalPete = 2 pounds - 1 x Willamette, 1 x Mt Hood. Freezer please. CBD pickup if possible. (If anyone drops out\changes order I will take an extra pound)

running total 18 pounds

:icon_cheers:

TP

Man, that was quick. I'll do up a spreadsheet with orders, costs, etc and post it up tomorrow night.

I can get the order in earlier now that the 18 pounds is accounted for.

Cheers,
Angus.

Cheers Angus

Pls PM us with your BSB and A/C and your address for me, so I can send you an addressed satchel.

Regards

Bribie G

If you want Bribie G I can pick up store and pass them on at the next pubs night?

Hi all,

I have compiled up a spreadsheet and am waiting for DKS to send me his selection of hops before submitting the order.

I have attached a document outlining the hops choices and total costs including shipping. Please check it over for inevitable mistakes.. :)

Keep in mind that all these costs are in US dollars so I will have to convert it all to Aus after purchasing.

Thanks,
Angus.

View attachment Hops_bulk_buy_2.0.html

Summit, Columbus and Magnum thanks AG
If no magnum replace with Mt Hood.
Daz

Looks fine to me, ta very much! :icon_cheers:
I'm not bothered either way with storage, so fridge or freezer, what ever works for you. Happy to send you a satchel too, no problemo!

Coolio, I'm slowly making progress. Sorry guys but got some personal stuff going on.

So I am waiting on confirmation from BribieG.

Bribie G and Tidal Pete want a combined satchel.

After confirmation from BribieG I will place the order and get final costs. I will then send through a PM with my bank details and postage address for the satchels. I will also include my pickup address (Springwood, southside) for people picking up hops directly in the personal message.

Once I receive the hops we can start working pick up times, CBD times, etc..

Coolio, I'm slowly making progress. Sorry guys but got some personal stuff going on.

So I am waiting on confirmation from BribieG.

Bribie G and Tidal Pete want a combined satchel.

After confirmation from BribieG I will place the order and get final costs. I will then send through a PM with my bank details and postage address for the satchels. I will also include my pickup address (Springwood, southside) for people picking up hops directly in the personal message.

Once I receive the hops we can start working pick up times, CBD times, etc..

Sorry for delay, yes confirmed and I'll do the satchel thing for TP and myself

Cheers
Bribie G

Let us know if another one comes on, I'll likely be involved.

I don't NEED any hops, but it can never hurt to grab some more, especially of summat different.

I have emailed Jeff our order and am awaiting confirmation.

Yeh, LRG, I missed the first Brisbane bulk hops buy filling up by about 13 minutes so started another one for myself. :lol:

Hopefully with this order I can get bulk hops for quite a few iterations of house brews and I can then mess around with new beer styles and buy the normal 90gm packs.

Cheers,
Angus.

I have lodged the order with Jeff and he has confirmed that all the hops are available (including the magnum for DKS)

I have submitted the payment and the total was $AU242.67. I will have to work out the payments for each person based on the exchange rate I was charged by Paypal. I'll PM through the costs and my bank details so you can transfer the funds.

I note that the first BNE bulk buy totalled $AU239 so we got a bit screwed by the dropping US exchange rate. :D

Jeff also threw in a free pound of Galenas hops as well for us to muck around with. My mother in law has a shrink wrapper, but I have never done it so I can't promise anything. From my reading it has one of the highest stability ratings of US hops (6 months room temp on one website) so should be fine for shipping from US and then from me to you. I'll give everyone 75 grams of it as well. That should be enough to do a little bit of experimenting with. Jeff rocks! :super:

And yes, I was tempted to take the whole bag for myself, but honesty won out... :ph34r: :lol:

Back