MillMaster Mini Mill slow after adjusting gap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh great, I just bought one from Craftbrewer at $20 lower price than directly through Mashmaster - I hope that doesn't mean it's one of the duds. :angry:

I got my new rollers in the mail and will be testing them out this weekend. But you can definitely see the knurling on the old rollers isn't as deep as these new ones.

Crunched said:
I got my new rollers in the mail and will be testing them out this weekend. But you can definitely see the knurling on the old rollers isn't as deep as these new ones.
Thanks Crunched, I've just send an email. Please let us know if you see a big difference. The Mashmaster was the top recommendation when I was looking for a mill. :)

Wow, it took 16 minutes from when I sent an email to a response regarding my issue with a solution of sending me new rollers.

Seriously blown away by the service, imagine if I bought from china, and I buy heaps of "shit" from china. :unsure:

Thanks mashmaster, you've kind of got me for life! ;)

Can't fault Frank from mash masters customer service. I managed to completely **** one of the rollers. Long story but after several emails back and forth with him I recieved a a new roller. I am going to re jig my setup and use the motion dynamics motor system with a key way to not make the same mistakes i did.

1423129624347.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
oh great, I just bought one from Craftbrewer at $20 lower price than directly through Mashmaster - I hope that doesn't mean it's one of the duds. :angry:
Don't fret, I bought mine from CB a few years back and it was $20 cheaper than through Mashmaster.
But on second thought, considering my mill only runs at 60rpm I might not notice a poor knurling issue.
Ok. Now I'm fretting.

Liam_snorkel said:
why would it mean that?

Yob said:
Over monster?

K...

15kg, 3.5 minutes.. Just sayin
Different strengths and weaknesses, in my honest opinion, and I own both.

I love the rollers on the Monster 2.0, but it crushes differently than a geared mill.

MM3... took a while to bed my process to it but after 3 uses...

Mate, the only time Ive seen a faster/better crush was watching Brendo's Mill at the Public Brewery.... that this is pure evil

I had new rollers arrive at my door 3 days after contacting Frank. The mill now works better than it ever has for the past 2 years.

Hey Bradsbrew, any chance of a pic of the difference in knurling. Not trying to cause a panic and a comparison pic might soothe worried minds.
If there's a visual difference that is.

Liam_snorkel said:
because you may have older stock than Mashmaster.
Rest assured, we both have the same aged stock ☺. As you've seen, any issues have been dealt with speedily and to the customers satisfaction. It's one of the reasons why we have stocked and endorsed Mashmaster products from the very start.

Yob said:
MM3... took a while to bed my process to it but after 3 uses...

Mate, the only time Ive seen a faster/better crush was watching Brendo's Mill at the Public Brewery.... that this is pure evil
It's 2.0 I'm talking about as well, which is a huge difference over the first gen mills. I have a 2.0 2-roller hardened steel mill. Top of the line, in the 2 roller flavour.

Monster kills my MashMaster on speed, but for some people it's not all about speed.

Here's a pic of the old and new rollers side by side. New one on the left. You can see the flat spot on the top of the knurling on the old one on the right where it wasn't cut deep enough.

2MB limit on file uploads?? What are we in 1995 and everyone has dial-up?

Here's the image hosted elsewhere:

7wTQG2p.jpg

Spiesy said:
but for some people it's not all about speed.
I dont see why not, if the crush is eqqual and if I can do something in 1/4 of the time it otherwise would, leaves more time for other things..

Because I can only rotate my arm so fast?
Gotta add, stellar support from MashMaster here and this is what these forums are all about. People don't value support until they run into trouble, and when they do they quickly forget how much they spent when their problems are resolved. If looking for another mill I wouldn't hesitate in getting a mashmaster.

Ross said:
Rest assured, we both have the same aged stock ☺. As you've seen, any issues have been dealt with speedily and to the customers satisfaction. It's one of the reasons why we have stocked and endorsed Mashmaster products from the very start.
Good to hear mate.

Back