mill set-up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butisitart

Reaction score
mill master with renegade torque drill - permanent set-up. not much to see here, BUT
bench table - $0 from the footpath furniture emporium.
purpose built in the 1980s to squeeze a grain bucket under the mill after use as a wall cabinet. (cabinet makers had true vision in the 1980s).
tossed out by somebody who clearly had no vision (and bad taste in furniture).
flipped the table upside down, then put a jigsaw cut through the now table top, and a platform to stabilise the mill, voila.
so, maybe keep an eye out for 2nd bookshelves, side-tables etc that you can convert.
beats my early days wobbling hole in bucket lid attempts.

Attachments

• IMG_4349e.jpg
    IMG_4349e.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
This is my new one. Recycled from a underbench bin drawer I found at work that was destined for the bin. I had been looking for something similar but this was even more perfect than I was envisaging.

Have put 3-4 grain bills through it now. Works perfectly.

Will add a better motor in the future and move away from the drill.
8B4AE27A-07F6-4B6F-8969-E9F0491886D3.jpeg

This is my new one. Recycled from a underbench bin drawer I found at work that was destined for the bin. I had been looking for something similar but this was even more perfect than I was envisaging.

Have put 3-4 grain bills through it now. Works perfectly.

Will add a better motor in the future and move away from the drill. View attachment 118824
i thought mine looked pretty cool. yours is insanity cool plus :bowdown:
you can leave one at me mum's house if you find any more

pleeeeze don't tell me that's a hopper. the slats on the opera house are smaller than that. o_O
what do you feed it with?? the riverina?? :eek:
that's impressive haha

i imagine 6.5 wouldn't be easily visible from the top. do you use a ladder or tressles to tip it in??
check these guys out. they do food grade.
http://rudexaustralia.com.au/produc...MIsPeyyLOu6wIViX4rCh2zMAS6EAAYASAAEgJ1D_D_BwE(pls take in the aus humour that it is intended, but that is never in my wildest dreams with a millmaster f****g impressive) :cheers:

I got the joke :p, I think itll take 10kg in the hopper from memory, I am 5' 11 and its not taller then me setup so isnt that big :p

I just finished setting up an automated warehouse, and have ripped conveyors out at previous roles :p it goes better then the Corona corn mill I also have

Actually brought the mill back in 2014 and built the hopper back then, first time ive had it setup and running in ages

I got the joke :p, I think itll take 10kg in the hopper from memory, I am 5' 11 and its not taller then me setup so isnt that big :p

I just finished setting up an automated warehouse, and have ripped conveyors out at previous roles :p it goes better then the Corona corn mill I also have

Actually brought the mill back in 2014 and built the hopper back then, first time ive had it setup and running in ages
it's the camera angle - can't see the top of the hopper, so it looks like it could just go on for days. and therefore leaves itself wide open to idiot comments like mine LOL. enjoy your ale if you're having a sip

Back