Mill Mounting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sintax69

Reaction score
I ve been tossing around a few plans for my brew stand (going to retire the plastic table). What I was thinking was to do a single level bench with ever thing mounted on it, so why do i not see on any of the websites any grain mills mounted to the brew stands is there some reason why they cant be mounted on the stands???

B)

Sintax

you don't want to mill your grain anywhere near where you are brewing. The grain husks contain lactobacillus and other bacteria and this will not be good for your brew (unless you are thinking of only brewing sour beers :p ).

Cheers stuster! i did know that. My new mill is in the brewing shed and i havent had any trouble with the last couple of brews since ive had it. Have to move it somewhere else.

I also wouldn't be keen on grain dust floating anywhere near the burners as there may be a remote chance of an explosion....theoretically.....

Interestingly enough, here in Australia most grain sites are rated as DIP (Dust Ignition Proof) and no one refers to the usual Atex Zones. Still if you've seen flour burn, maybe it's best to practice caution :huh:

knew there would be a reason I never seen none bolted to the side of a brew stand awell back to version 2.12beta 2 of the brew stand

live and learn thanks all

I don't know about you guys but when I empty the grain into the mash tun (underletting) flour tends to go every where.

I would think the main reason to not mount the mill on the brew stand would be water and high humidity.

Derrick

At my last brewday I had my arse soundly kicked for crushing into a fermenter that was still in use as such, same rules apply.
I should have known better.

Back