Mika In Victoria

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mika

Lupulin Threshold Shift Victim
Reaction score
Not exactly off topic, beer will be involved, but thought it was the best place. Landing in Melbourne probably on a Sunday arvo. Idea is to spend a day in Melbourne seeing the sights, I've never been a tram, then head out to Healesville, hoping the White Rabbit will be open by then, and then via Mount Buller up to Glenrowan, just because you have to. Then probably take the trip thru the Alpine National park thingo, head towards Melbourne again, maybe a stop in the LaTrobe valley, not sure there's a lot to see at Phillip Island, so probably keep on chugging out the other side along the Great Ocean drive out to the Flying Horse then a speedy trip back to Melbourne to catch a Sunday arvo flight out.
Probably not long enough to see and do everything, but the missus is coming with and needs to be back at work and Uni, so only going to have the week. Hoping to maximise our time over there, so any tips on the things to see and things to avoid would be appreciated.

Cheers :beer:

Glad to see you bothered to search.

cloudwine cellars in brighton
Cookie in the city
MountainGoat on a friday (or is it wednesday)
Taphouse St Kilda

you owe me a beer for that

It just so happens that I have a Belgiany, kinda Stouty thing here that apparently has been concocted with some sort of shellfish. It's meant to be a good thing, collect when you are able to :p

Well back in WA. Victoria's not a bad place to visit, but wouldn't want to stay there :lol:
Don't know why anyone would bother visiting Cookie, Mr's Parma's rocks ! Didn't get to any other Melbourne beer places unfortunately. With Missus in tow it just wasn't going to happen. Managed to drop by the Flying Horse Brewery down in Warrnambool, missed meeting up with Gerard, but they've got a great establishment with great beer and good food. The pub is a lot better presented than most of the WA micro's, to my mind.
I don't understand how NSW and Vic can do beers so much cheaper than WA. In Sydney, yeah sure the Pokies subsidise it a lot, but I bought beer at out of the way Pubs in Vic without Pokies and paid a lot less than the equivalent in WA, the mind boggles.
Oh...and in case anyone reading this is considering purchasing/hiring either a Toyoa Camry Altise or Garmin Where2 GPS, just DON'T ! :angry:

Latest posts

Back