Micromatic Secondary Regulator - Leaking/Not Sealing the Push-Ins?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonhead

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been looking to clean up the gas lines in my keezer set up, decided to bite the bullet and get some secondary regs as well, allowing different pressures to different kegs (hello Saison and Stout!).

Anyway, after waiting for months for the inline regulators from KegKing to come back into stock, I came across these puppies -

http://www.cleverbrewing.com.au/micromatic-secondary-regulator.html

So, being the rational person I am, I purchased 2 without any real considerations...

Got them in, they look and feel quite well made. All plastic, but well built and solid. First odd thing I noticed was the push in fittings were 3/8", not the normal 8mm. No huge dramas, I've got some 3/8" tube.

Problem I'm having right now is getting the outlet to seal nicely against this tubing. I'm not a fan of the push in fittings at the best of times, just not quite a solid feeling, for permanent connections like this (yet, not really suitable for connect/disconnect situations due to the damage the fitting does to the tube, brass push in fitting adaptor help though).But these ones are the worst I've seen.

On both regs (I got 2), as soon as you turn on the gas you can hear and feel it coming out from the "seal" on the outlet to the next regulator (I had them in line, 2 regulators then going to a standard 2 way manifold as well).

Does anyone have any experience with these regs? Any tips and tricks for dealing with these push in fittings?

Cheers!

1. new line
2. pencil sharpener to chamfer (spulling????) the cut edge
3. ensure the cut face is clean and square

Hope this helps. I haven't used what you have, however I do like JG fittings 99% of the time they really are simple to hook up. I have had a couple that mucked me about and the above did help. Just ensure you push the tubing all the way into the fitting(put some decent effort in) and then pull back hard.

put a smear of lube around the outside of the tube to assist in sealing against the O-ring.
Thats all i got.

n87 said:
put a smear of lube around the outside of the tube to assist in sealing against the O-ring.
Thats all i got.
Interesting, does that hold up over time?

its worked fine whenever ive used pushin fittings...

I have 100% barbs through my house setup. the picnic setup only gets used for a couple of hours occasionally.

I find these fix most leaks, especially if you want to use the connection like a QD.
untitled.png
I get mine from Andale, might have to ring cant see them on the website, if that helps
Mark

MHB said:
I find these fix most leaks, especially if you want to use the connection like a QD.
attachicon.gif
untitled.png
I get mine from Andale, might have to ring cant see them on the website, if that helps
Mark
Yeah, something like that is what I'd want. I've got some brass ones for 8mm disconnects, but haven't been able to find any 3/8" ones. Will give Andale a try, cheers!

Looks good, that's about the same price as Andale charge, I really think they are a great investment, especially where you want to make-remake a connection, don't chew up like a line does, never had one leak.
Great investment.
Mark

Latest posts

Back