Micromatic Regulator - Seems Too Cheap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giddo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just stumbled across these on Ebay. Brand new dual gauge micromatic regulator for $75 each + postage.

Link

Seems too good to be true considering most shops sell it for $100-150.

Have I missed something? The only thing I can see is that the outlet barb is 7.3 mm whereas homebrew shops seem to be 6mm. And beer line seems to be 6mm ID.

I'm buying two so it'd be worth a decent saving if there's no downside to it.

Any thoughts? Would 6mm ID beer line squeeze over it or will it cause me problems?

Cheers,
giddo

Hi all,

Just stumbled across these on Ebay. Brand new dual gauge micromatic regulator for $75 each + postage.

Link

Seems too good to be true considering most shops sell it for $100-150.

Have I missed something? The only thing I can see is that the outlet barb is 7.3 mm whereas homebrew shops seem to be 6mm. And beer line seems to be 6mm ID.

I'm buying two so it'd be worth a decent saving if there's no downside to it.

Any thoughts? Would 6mm ID beer line squeeze over it or will it cause me problems?

Cheers,
giddo

Good Regs, Good Seller.
Shops pass on overheads

Mate,

I bought my Micromatic through them.

It's the real deal and I'm very happy with how the purchase went. (cost, postage, time it took to arrive etc.)

Great thanks a lot for the quick replies.

I will grab em.

Is it possible that the fatter barbs will make balancing any trickier?

Thanks again.

My micromatic arrived by courier today from the same seller (along with two kegs and a ploto gun). As far as I can tell, it is the genuine article, brand new, original packaging with documentation/instructions. I wouldn't hesitate if you think the price is right.

She gets her stuff from keg king, she may be related (she's hot too :) ?

Thanks for that.

I went to grab the two that were listed after reading the replies, and one of them has gone. Dammit.

Just have to hope they can get hold of another one.

I had to wait for my kegging setup to be delivered due to them waiting for the reg - pretty sure they get them regularly as I've followed some of their packages for a bit before settling on the one I got.

If in doubt - send them a message but they are a regular and long term seller of kegging equipment so I reckon you'll be fine. The exact set-up I bought has been listed multiple times, including after I purchased mine.

I had to wait for my kegging setup to be delivered due to them waiting for the reg - pretty sure they get them regularly as I've followed some of their packages for a bit before settling on the one I got.

If in doubt - send them a message but they are a regular and long term seller of kegging equipment so I reckon you'll be fine. The exact set-up I bought has been listed multiple times, including after I purchased mine.

Thanks manticle. I've sent them a message. Out of interest, what was the package you bought? Kegs + reg + taps, or something else?

Easy enough to change the barb to the regular size.

Hang on - I was reading your first post about the reg earlier and thought something was not right but couldn't put my finger on it. Now, hours later, I get it. You're getting into kegging! That's weird!

You know what's even weirder? While I brewed today, Vitalstatistix was wiring up my stc-1000 for my soon to be fermentation fridge.

Next I'll be RIMMING and possibly contracting some kind of HERMS.

You know what's even weirder? While I brewed today, Vitalstatistix was wiring up my stc-1000 for my soon to be fermentation fridge.

Next I'll be RIMMING and possibly contracting some kind of HERMS.

No more fermenting water bath's then mate?

Fridge will hold one cube. I usually have a couple on the go so the old methods will still be employed. You can make good beer with limited technology.
For what it's worth, I still intend to keep some bottles and grain will still be hand cracked via my trusty corona.
I also wear straw underpants while brewing.

In case anyone is looking for one, the Ebay seller appears to have plenty available. I got a reply today saying an additional reg has been added to Ebay. So I bought them.

Sure there'll be more coming soon enough.

Cheers

In case anyone is looking for one, the Ebay seller appears to have plenty available. I got a reply today saying an additional reg has been added to Ebay. So I bought them.

Sure there'll be more coming soon enough.

Cheers

More already. My tesuco has shat itself. Does anyone know if you can gang another reg up to this later?

Back