Micromatic Gauge Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm what the thread on the low pressure gauge of a micromatic is?

i've got a new micromatic reg, it's a great bit of kit, but the guage reads way too high for homebrew use....

my usual pressure is around the 10psi, sometimes i use up to a massive 30psi for burping....

the gauge on my new micromatic reads only in bar and kpa (not my preference) and it reads up to 800 kpa, which means i'm trying to adjust my gauge in the bottom 12% of gauge movement. not ideal..

before i pull it apart and replace it with a more suitable gauge, just wondering if anyone knows what the thread is? 1/4 BSP or 1/4NPT?

anyone know?

no sure about a thread but this should help you work out psi to kpa.

thanks BDB,

i got the conversions sorted, got it printed and laminated next to my reg...

it's more to do with only using sweet f-all of the gauge range, it's hard to adjust.

I know you're only meant to use a gauge up to about 70% of it's max. but on the other hand, to make it easy to read and adjust you need be using more than 10% of its range.

Hey I've got one of these Micromatic regs too and the scale on the low pressure gauge is unusable.
Contacted my retailer here in Adelaide and was told in no uncertain terms that that was the gauge it comes with and there's nothing else available - Even though Micromatic USA supply a 400kpa / 60PSI gauge as standard.
After some further questioning, I was told there was some sort of imcompatability between USA and here. WTF?
My gauge has a 1/4" NPT thread just like in USA, so what gives there?

So has anyone found a source of 50mm gauges with a 0 - 400kpa scale and 1/4" NPT thread here in Australia?
I looked through a few catalogs and didn't find exactly what I was after - they're all BSP thread or 1/8" or 63mm gauges.

So has anyone found a source of 50mm gauges with a 0 - 400kpa scale and 1/4" NPT thread here in Australia?
I looked through a few catalogs and didn't find exactly what I was after - they're all BSP thread or 1/8" or 63mm gauges.

i'll check our catalogs at work this week, i reckon our pnuematics fitting supplier will have something...

as far as the USA and AUS thing goes, that is on the bottle thread as far as i know...

Can anyone confirm what the thread on the low pressure gauge of a micromatic is?

i've got a new micromatic reg, it's a great bit of kit, but the guage reads way too high for homebrew use....

my usual pressure is around the 10psi, sometimes i use up to a massive 30psi for burping....

the gauge on my new micromatic reads only in bar and kpa (not my preference) and it reads up to 800 kpa, which means i'm trying to adjust my gauge in the bottom 12% of gauge movement. not ideal..

before i pull it apart and replace it with a more suitable gauge, just wondering if anyone knows what the thread is? 1/4 BSP or 1/4NPT?

anyone know?

Can you get it up to 800kpa? If you can, that is the gauge for the regulator. If you put one on that does'nt read so far you could blow it up. Not good.

I believe Micromatic are 1/4 inch NPT, but left hand threads. Have a look at Ross's website on ganging a second gauge - I'm pretty sure he says they are left handed.

Cheers
Steve

Micromatic gauges are left hand thread.

Cheers, Hoges.

Hey the thread on the low pressure gauge of my Oz delivered Micromatic is 1/4" NPT right hand thread.

+1. The high pressure gauge is left hand thread. Low pressure right hand thread.

Sorry to revive this thread again but I am having a similar problem to the people above. Just bought a Micromatic reg and the low pressure gauge is not appropriate for small adjustments.

Am I understanding correctly that the low pressure guage is actually a RH thread and therefore I could purchase something like this to be able to adjust the output in smaller increments?

I am also confused because Ross at CB sells the LH thread version of the above and I have always trusted CB with the information they give - so who is right in this case?

I just got a gauge off fleebay and it worked no dramas. 1/4" NTP

I've since changed back to the old one and got 6 x non filter air pressure regs off ebay and fitted those with low pressure gauges - that way I can have different carb levels for all my beers.
All this said and done - im back bottling because my chest freezer shit it self and I've run out of funds to replace it LOL

I was told that they don't but I just checked my micromatic and kk regs and the threads are in the same direction.

Latest posts

Back