Micromatic Flow Adaptors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

argon

firmitas, utilitas, venustas
Reaction score
Bought 4 of these guys from the states and got my brother to bring them over on his recent visit back to Oz.
FCA-A.jpg

Had on setup on a corny adaptor straight off the keg through the Perlick 525SS. Worked a treat.

However, now i'm using these back at home on the keg fridge with the same perlicks, i'm getting 3/4 of a glass of foam. You can hear the beer being restricted and foaming inside the adaptor. The beer essentially pours white with foam. Wthout the adaptors they pour fine, but of course with metres of line i want to get rid of. Got the beer set at abou 80kpa for serving, but i wouldn't think that makes any difference with the flow restrictor on.

As i've read elsewhere they're a bitch to tighen up to the shank and to the faucet. Seems as though there may be gaps between each fitting. I don't have a collet locking tool, so just getting by with the multis and hand pressure.

So apart from tightening things up, are there any trick to getting things pouring nicely?

Bought 4 of these guys from the states and got my brother to bring them over on his recent visit back to Oz.
FCA-A.jpg

Had on setup on a corny adaptor straight off the keg through the Perlick 525SS. Worked a treat.

However, now i'm using these back at home on the keg fridge with the same perlicks, i'm getting 3/4 of a glass of foam. You can hear the beer being restricted and foaming inside the adaptor. The beer essentially pours white with foam. Wthout the adaptors they pour fine, but of course with metres of line i want to get rid of. Got the beer set at abou 80kpa for serving, but i wouldn't think that makes any difference with the flow restrictor on.

As i've read elsewhere they're a bitch to tighen up to the shank and to the faucet. Seems as though there may be gaps between each fitting. I don't have a collet locking tool, so just getting by with the multis and hand pressure.

So apart from tightening things up, are there any trick to getting things pouring nicely?

I have the tool and will be at Babbs this month.

I purchased one, tried it, don't use it anymore.

That sucking foamy action is exactly what happened to mine, and I used the tap spanner.

QldKev

Thanks lads. Yeah pretty bloody disappointing. Thought I read some good reviews saying that they were pretty good.

Well if you're bringing the tool I'll just have to bring a keg. Might be plenty of beer for sharing, albeit foamy.

They work fine for me, I start by totally closing off the flow, then dialing it back out. You need enough flow that you get a nice solid stream, not a turbulent one.

I have about 80-120cm beer lines now and pour/carb at 85kpa

If you own a keg fridge, you need a faucet spanner.

A couple of faucet spanners arrived today. Tightened up all 4 adaptors and now each faucet pours beautifully! Very happy now. Confirmed my suspicion that it was the tightening that was causing the issues all along. Totally kicking myself for not getting a spanner earlier.

So now I've got a 100% stainless dispensing system with flow control. B)

A couple of faucet spanners arrived today. Tightened up all 4 adaptors and now each faucet pours beautifully! Very happy now. Confirmed my suspicion that it was the tightening that was causing the issues all along. Totally kicking myself for not getting a spanner earlier.

So now I've got a 100% stainless dispensing system with flow control. B)

Hey, me to! And forward sealing ;)

Necro alert!

I am looking for a few of these, do micromatic do them any more?
Does anyone know where to get them?
I am travelling to the US soon, so shipping isnt an issue.

Back