Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just found this and like the idea @kegland.

here is a picture of teh current setup i use for picnics or partys which uses the picnic style plactic taps with a short hose on the 9L kegs. the gas is set at about 5kpa and they serve perfect.

I would buy 2 of these if they were availble. The esky lid could lean on the top of the disconnect :)

Capture.JPG

i just found this and like the idea @kegland.

here is a picture of teh current setup i use for picnics or partys which uses the picnic style plactic taps with a short hose on the 9L kegs. the gas is set at about 5kpa and they serve perfect.

I would buy 2 of these if they were availble. The esky lid could lean on the top of the disconnect :)

Do the taps pour ok with such a short length of line?
I have a long coil of line on mine. just wondering if it isn't necessary.

Cant help with long term but i just setup a mini reg on a 4ltr keg and apart from a few leaks ( teflon tape fixed it ) it seems ok, i would remove the tap after each use as i think pressure might leak out.
I would suggest using a tap with flow control.

has anyone had any luck using the 16g bulbs and KL mini reg long term. I mean setup in a fridge where the user might have 1 or 2 beers a day, not a party setup where you screw the bulb in and drain the keg.
Do they hold pressure well, or leak like a sieve over a few weeks?

I feel that I am qualified to respond to this comment now. I have had a Core 360 mini regulator for 8 months now and still have the same 16gram bulb connected and it's been holding pressure with almost no use at 30psi for this time.

All other mini regulators I have used to date from many different manufacturers have had leaking issues and pressure drop to zero. I have literally tried more than 20 different other designs in the past. We certainly would not have gone to the effort of making this new Core 360 model had of we found a good mini regulator elsewhere.

I don't think I will use the 16gram bulbs any more though myself as I think the 74grams are a more useful size.

I’ve got a couple of mini regs I got new of eBay. Can’t tell you a make but both hold pressure with no leaks. One I have
I feel that I am qualified to respond to this comment now. I have had a Core 360 mini regulator for 8 months now and still have the same 16gram bulb connected and it's been holding pressure with almost no use at 30psi for this time.

All other mini regulators I have used to date from many different manufacturers have had leaking issues and pressure drop to zero. I have literally tried more than 20 different other designs in the past. We certainly would not have gone to the effort of making this new Core 360 model had of we found a good mini regulator elsewhere.

I don't think I will use the 16gram bulbs any more though myself as I think the 74grams are a more useful size in my kitchen fridge that very rarely gets turned off

I’ve got a couple of mini regs I got new of eBay. Can’t tell you a make but both hold pressure with no leaks. One I have

How do you find them after you have used them a few times? Have you had any issues once you have the seal in the regulator compress a bit after a number of uses? How long have you had a 16gram bulb attached and is it still under pressure after a number of months or just a few days/weeks.

Back