Micro Matic Premium Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
I'm chasing another regulator & was looking at Micro Matic but it seems you cant get the original premium regs anymore.
Everyone's selling the premium plus which looks shit compared to the premium ( personal preference)
Failing that, I think I'll have to get a Harris 601 but I do like the pressure relief valve on the MM.
Anybody found a seller for the premium MM reg?

I don't see gauges on them. I'd want gauges.

mikec said:
I don't see gauges on them. I'd want gauges.
They're secondary regs so no need for gauges. Your primary connected to your bottle will have the high & low pressure gauges. These are down the line & you use one for each keg to set what pressure you want for that particular keg. Primary reg is set slightly higher pressure than maximum pressure required. They do have a psi dial to set pressure.

Once you add the blanking plug, you are looking at $60 for the first one and then $55 for each additional keg. That's a lot of $ for a bit of plastic without a gauge. Maybe I'm a tightarse, but I'd expect something this simple to cost less. No doubt it's all made in China at $2-$5 FOB in 0.5k MOC.

Yeah, I wondered about those secondary ones, but they aren't very cheap for what they are/do.

I ended up with the newer micromatic, it's OK, but it doesn't have a tap on the front, you're meant to set it once and then put the anti tamper covering on it, which is fine if you're a pub or something but not much good at home.

I've left the covering off and leave an allen key in there to do the adjustment, which makes it even uglier.

I have the new one, you can cut the middle piece of the cover off and use the allen key when required, makes it prettier. I rarely adjust the pressure anyway.
My CO2 bottle sits right next to one of my tool boxes, so the allen key is easy to store.

It's hidden away, so i don't have to see it, but I was hoping for one more like my mates who put me onto it with micromatic logo tap. It wouldn't be hard to put an old unservicable tap handle on it if I could ever be bothered, but I've got two regs now so I'll probably end up having a multi-pressure system which will avoid the need to adjust too much.

My allen key sits in there, and it's tied on with a string to the bottle so I don't lose it. Very high tech.

Latest posts

Back