Micro Brewery Opening In Barossa Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone on the forum have any other information regards to yesterdays Advertiser Public Notice for an application lodged by Barossa Valley Brewing for a Producers Licence to open a micro brewey at Chatea Yaldara - Lyndoch.

They are converting a wine shed to a micro brewery and tourist facility.

i assumed GMK Enterprises had expanded its operations. :D

NO luck

Was not ready - but would like to find out who the brewer is/will be.

Might be able to work some deals for cheap grain.

My spies tell me it may be something to do with the son of a chap that owns one of the local engineering companies.

I wish it was me. I'd love a change of career path. Will be interesting to see if they produce anything of standard. Hope so.

Cheers, JD

I think Chateau Yaldara is now part of the McGuigan wines group of wineries [ think it is now 4th biggest in Aust]. Bought it about 18 months ogo.

...and there's a micro under way in Kadina!!!

tdh,

i am going over to the yorkes 2morow arvo and if kadina is open i might drop in on the way. have you got any details - eg where?

cheers
roach

Kadina Barnyard Brewery an innovative tourism venue in the malting barley
centre of the world.

Not sure of exact address, maybe ask the locals.

so if its not you ken then maybe its jaz. ;)
sounds like they snuck in before you got off the blocks.if they fail there maybe some cheap stuff going to help out your venture.

cheers
big d

thanks tdh fo rthe extra info- have got some friends in kadina and so will ask them. will be interesting to calibrate their brews against other micros

Interesting to ee how they compare against the Holdy and Grumpy's.
They're having a DME system installed from Canada, same as Ballarat Uni and Mildura.

Guys, I don't think the Kadina brewery actually exists yet.... still at design stage, apparently.
When it does I think it will be out in a farmers paddock a few k's out of Kadina on the Alford road.
Cheers

PS GMK, ever heard of Trinns (?) engineering? Up in the Barossa Valley. Possibly doing the work on your Barossa Brewery.

could be the Hop and Grape that used to be at Norwood? Cheers Glenn

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top.

We dropped into Yaldara a couple of weeks ago and was told that the first brew will be ready around the end of May. It was very busy at the time so unfortunately I couldn't get details of what brews will be available or from where.

Good times.

There was a good article in the Barossa Valley local rag a while back. There will be 2 micros in the valley, one in Lyndoch (Mcguigan) and one in Greenock (Trinn).
Both share an almost identical name and both seem to be pushing wheat beer.
The Lyndoch mob will market theirs under the name of 'Beesting'.
The Greenock mob will focus on the idea that they are located in the old wheat store.

Cheers

Back