Mice in grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bromokil must work better than ratsak. I have those enclosed rat bait boxes in my sheds full of ratsack and the buggers set up camp in them. Rat home complete with food supply.

ratsack the original formula is warfarin. many rats and mice have evolved and it will not kill them. they seem to be able to live off it.

i had green shit for weeks appearing. went through box after box.

switched to talon, mouse was gone in 2 days. the one feed one kill products work so quickly. i keep the baits all the time. best way of keeping your grain safe.

If you want to get heaps of mice in one trap and don't want your dog eating ratsack petrified mice spread through out your yard, I suggest the old bucket trap.
Half fill a bucket with water - attach a sock to half a 750ml beer bottle, grease the end with butter and whack some cheese in the end. place the bottle so the sock is on the ground and the cheese is over the middle of the bucket. The mice climb up, go for the cheese and fall in and drown.
In a mouse plague back in the Mallee we caught so many they were getting out after the bucket filled.

Here is another version, but you get the idea.

mousetrap.JPG

Latest posts

Back