Mfl Or Barb Connections

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobrien

Stubborn Scientist Brewing
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just finalising my kegging order.... MFL or barb connections? Good and bad on both? Any opinions?

Thanks!

Matt

What is the difference? I know what a barb fitting is, but whats an MFL?

Thanks,

Matt

MFL are great, but you have to buy the tail seperately. Cause they can spin, it's easier to manage those bloody lines.

jgriffin said:
MFL are great, but you have to buy the tail seperately.
[post="48643"][/post]​

Something i forgot to do on my first order to BD :angry:

A MFL is: http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item29147.ctlg with the separate part of this: http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item103034.ctlg which is a barb tail piece that screws onto the disconnect.

you can use a MFL if you want to unscrew the line from the disconnect otherwise with barb you have to cut it off.

I have both but I find I do not have to chnage the line from the disconnect at all so why bother? some cases they could be useful though.

ahhh - thanks for the clarification! That all makes sense now!

Thanks,

Matt

MFL is the go!

- You can swap disconnect types on hoses (put a 'beer-out 'disconnect on both ends for example) to rack between kegs without having to cut & re-attach them all the time.

- also easily removable for cleaning...

Asher for now

Asher said:
MFL is the go!

- You can swap disconnect types on hoses (put a 'beer-out 'disconnect on both ends for example) to rack between kegs without having to cut & re-attach them all the time.

- also easily removable for cleaning...

Asher for now
[post="48711"][/post]​

There ya go, a good reason why to use MFL, I might try that myself. Cheers asher

So with the MFL fittings, you will still need a clamp to clamp down the beer/gas line to the barb on the adaptor?

Back