Metal Fabrication

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_fuzz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thought I might pose the question here - does anyone have any idea on a rough cost to get a hopper fabricated from S/S?

I have a monster mill and currently use a wooden hopper - was thinking about getting a S/S one fabricated?

Hey Guys,

Thought I might pose the question here - does anyone have any idea on a rough cost to get a hopper fabricated from S/S?

I have a monster mill and currently use a wooden hopper - was thinking about getting a S/S one fabricated?

I can't give you an exact price, but if I am willing to bet it will cost more than what you paid for your mill.

cheers

Browndog

Hey Guys,

Why not look at ally? Might be cheaper and will polish up ok, if you are going for the bling effect.

Jay

All depends what your after, the more custom, the higher the price. Else if it just modifying something to suit, the cost will be much lower.

Are you after bling or value for money?

S/S vessel custom will cost big dollars. Allow a minimus of $60 per hour labour plus materials (as we all know S/S ain't cheap).

Ally will be cheaper, but your labour costs will be the same.

The cheapest option would be a food grade plastic bucket/container, with a nice wooden lid to sit the mill. Could all be made at home with a spare afternoon and a jigsaw. Couple of coats of varish to seal/shine up the wood and bang there you go.

Why not look at ally? Might be cheaper and will polish up ok, if you are going for the bling effect.

Jay

Not only cheaper but you can probably make it yourself with a few rivets and a length of angle to join the corners.

Oh and in answer to your original question, i get the odd S/S vessel manufactured for work purposes. Very basic unit, not pressure rated and that costs on average $1050, then you would probably want to polish the internals at a minimum which would cost extra.

a hopper for a mill would be close to 1 hr labour if that maybe 45 min at $60 an hour the worst part is cost of the s/s if your were in sa i could do it for u...I work in a Metal shop

Latest posts

Back