Quantcast

Merry Christmas from The AussieHomeBrewer!

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
It's that time again!! I hope everyone has done all their Christmas shopping.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their participation and support for AussieHomeBrewers and, at time of writing, there is 81 members and over 600 posts!! Christmas Day marks 3 weeks since opening so it's not a bad effort at all.

I'm looking forward to expanding the site in the new year and continually developing the forum as well as the new sections.

Make sure you all have a Merry Christmas and a great start to the New Year. Make sure you all have a safe holiday (remember don't drink homebrew and drive) and I look forward to the discussions on the site.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
Yes, congratulations on the new forum fiscus. I hope the discussions continue next year and membership continues to rise. Now if each member could convert a non-brewer, and that new convert spread the word to someone else....

all the best
reg

sboulton

Reaction score
i would also like to congrat. you fiscus on a great site / idea , i felt a little intimadated on some of the other forums available to the ozzie home brewer , though with the info i have learned from this forum i have had renewed courage at asking the dumb questions on other forums

thanks again
keep on brewin! :chug: :chug:

B)

simon

RegBadgery

Reaction score
Yes intimidating the new brewer is something that any good list try to be aware of. (The last thing you want is to be ranted at or dismissed for not following someone's idea of the correct or best way to brew.)

As an example - on the CraftBrewing list there's lots of all-grain discussion. I think this is to some degree because grain brewing involves a much larger number of variables than kit brewing (so for eg. you can have a long discussion on relative effects of chemicals/malts in raising or lowering mash ph).

However for the most part these people are happy to share ideas and experience in response to question from all types of brewers - kit, extract , partial mash, all-grain. Everyone wants to see the hobby grow, so the more brewers the better.

Archives from these lists (whether Aust. or overseas) also provide a wealth of information. The only suggestion I'd make in posting a question is to at least do a quick search on the archive to see if a similar question has been asked before. People often provide detailed and carefully considered responses so it's good to make use of this resource.

cheers
reg

bL@De

Reaction score
Really what can be said that hasn't already? Nothing that I can think of.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and hope the home brew goes down well.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
No - new yeasts become available. Changes in malting processes can affect the way that malt is mashed - eg. recipes that were ok with under-modified malts need to be changed in relation to fully modified malts.

The whole area of grain brewing has really opened up in this country due to the efforts of companies like www.maltcraft.com importing malt from Germany, England and other countries to follow. Crystal from Germany is different to crystal from England. Floor malted strains of English malt are meant to produce improved English style ales - it goes on and on - always something new to yarn about.

cheers
reg

Latest posts