Merri Mashers: June Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course not my friend, the more the merrier.

(Edit: trademarked "Welcome new prospective members" pun, we are all drones of the MM hivemind)

Heading home from work now. Pick up the kids from school aftercare. Drop off with the missus then walk, tram, walk. May be wet. Definitely thirsty when I get there.

Hey guys great meet-up last night, I'm feeling a bit rough this morning. :)

Pub had a great list on tap but so did our fellow brewers! Really happy with the response to my Dark Island clone, makes it even more worth while, BUT my favourite of the night was Plunkett's (correct?) DIPA, that was one TASTY beer.

Can't wait for the next meet-up with all these pale ale's being created. :beerbang:

BreadMurderer said:
Me too mate. I decided to hike it home at night's end with my ten kilograms of grain and extract. It felt surprisingly easy after so many pints. Left shoulder, right shoulder, left shoulder ...

BreadMurderer said:
Kind of sucks that we have club night on a Tuesday.

DU99 said:
How about a Sunday...
How about a day where we don't have to work the next day, or at best, only have to work one day (i.e. Thu night).

Anyway...

Great to meet everyone* last night.
Thanks for the feedback on my DIPA.
The Belgian Tripel was great, and Dark Ale/Porter/whatever it was was also fantastic.As well as the Belgian farmhouse style beer that I couldn't put down at the end of the night.
And yes, very sore head today!

Yup, top night! Nice to just have an easy taste and talk night, and meet a few new people. The Gertrude was a good venue and that room wasn't bad either.

Glad to pick up that yeast - thanks guys. What's the link for that survey we've been asked to complete?

I especially enjoyed Dan's Dark Island clone and Declan's APA. I was very pleased with all of the homebrews I tasted though. Glad to hear people enjoying the Tripel, despite it being a bit under-ripe..

Back