Merri Mashers Inaugural New World IPA Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment Spec IPA.pdf

Hoping this will be my first comp after the move to Melbourne.

Just in case anyone is an anal as I am, the attachment is the BCJP 2014 guidelines for Category 21B with a page for each sub style

The website now says 14th June....

Going to be a cracking event!

I was asked to edit the OP to state 15th June for the comp. Can I please get confirmation as to whether it's 14 or 15? Thanks.

Definitely June 14 Manticle. (Possibly a mix up with the year, 2015?)

Pratty1 said:
Is it open to other states?
Of course mate, if you can get your beer to us we're happy to accept it. We're just finalising drop off (or in your case mail-in) locations now, after locking away all our sponsors in the last 24 hours.

Sorry if im sounding stupid but can i enter my standard strength American IPA?

No such thing as a stupid question, mate!

The Comp. is for "Specialty" IPA's in accordance with the draft 21B Style Guides (ie. Black/Brown/White/Rye/Belgian/Red). There's no AIPA category, so it's already out of style & you'll get hammered by the Judges as such.

You'd be better entering your beer in the WortHogs' Pale Ale Mania in August, that specifically allows AIPA entries.

MartinOC said:
No such thing as a stupid question, mate!

The Comp. is for "Specialty" IPA's in accordance with the draft 21B Style Guides (ie. Black/Brown/White/Rye/Belgian/Red). There's no AIPA category, so it's already out of style & you'll get hammered by the Judges as such.

You'd be better entering your beer in the WortHogs' Pale Ale Mania in August, that specifically allows AIPA entries.
Cheers mate
Bummer. Looks like my APA and IPA are going into worthogs and nsw state then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back