Merri Mashers - Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanners

Reaction score
Alright Merri Mashers,

I thought I would get this started after everyone seemed keen on a Case Swap at last nights meeting.

This is great opportunity to taste a bunch of different beers by club mates and get loads of feedback on your own.

If you need to know the finer details of Case Swap just ask or we can go over again at the next meeting. Each beer size is to be a longneck or 2 x Stubbies. This is only open for Merri Mashers at this stage.

The target date is to do it is around October / November. It was mentioned last night there maybe a club BBQ happening in conjunction with the case swap but that will be confirmed later along with a firm date. You don't need to attend any event to part of the case swap.

Register your participation here and we can track numbers and any other info required.

Merri Mashers Case Swap Participants

1. Nick (aka vanners)

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)

.... should be able to rustle *something* up.... Great idea Nick!

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)
3. Wolfman

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)
3. Wolfman
4. Forever Wort

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)
3. Wolfman
4. Forever Wort
5. Carnie

I'd also cap it at 24. It's a number that works well; so a 21 L batch should def be enough for the swap, plus a few samples for the brewer.

Can we set a provisional date for this? Say, the evening of Tuesday 25 November, so we roll in the November meeting and the case swap? That way folks will be able to put it down in their diaries, etc.

Tradition would have it on a Saturday, to allow sufficient socializing/spa time ;-)
OTOH, a brief weekday gig might be a more efficient way to get thru it. So whichever suits the majority

Great idea Nick, I'm totally in.

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)
3. Wolfman
4. Forever Wort
5. Carnie
6. Technobabble66
7. Swedebeer

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)
3. Wolfman
4. Forever Wort
5. Carnie
6. Technobabble66
7. Swedebeer
8. Parktho

Is there a particular theme or just any style we feel like?

No theme, the idea is just swap and taste so you get to sample a variety of beer.

technobabble66 said:
Tradition would have it on a Saturday, to allow sufficient socializing/spa time ;-)
OTOH, a brief weekday gig might be a more efficient way to get thru it. So whichever suits the majority
Yes, I believe we were talking about a weekend, and combining it with a club brew day at my place? Saturday's can be pretty busy with kids activities/sports etc, how about Sunday, Nov 23? I'll fire the smoker up with a heap of those ribs with the pork belly still on 'em...here's the last lot I did:
IMG-20140329-00042.jpg IMG-20140321-00037.jpg

And yes, the spa will be at 38C if anyone's tempted.

I'd be happy with that.

Sunday 23 combined with club brew day, I mean, not the spa.

Weekend is probably the best time. More relaxed almost-end-of-year vibe to it.

And yes, the spa will be at 38C if anyone's tempted.

Actually, hold that thought. Brilliant saison fermentation temperature.

Yeah I like the idea of the BBQ and Swap. That date is fine with me. I guess we can just confirm it at the next meeting.

Thanks for offering your place El Presidente.

I agree with Technobabble that we should cap it at 24. I'm sure we can go one or two above that number if we really need to but at this stage let's say a cap of 24. There's a chance might not even get to 24.

I'm in!

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)
3. Wolfman
4. Forever Wort
5. Carnie
6. Technobabble66
7. Swedebeer
8. Parktho
9. Declan ( :')

1. Nick (aka vanners)
2. Tim (aka Tim)