Members: Win Free Kegs!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcbprez

Reaction score
Alles Brewens-Peepers:

A special mid-year membership drive is now on. Sign up on or before August 13th for only $25 and you can enter a raffle to win 3 kegs and 25 Kg of malt!

If you are already a member, and if you sign up the most new members during this drive, you will receive 1 keg for free!

Membership has its privileges:
  • Network with other Homebrewers to expand your knowledge
  • Meet and talk with local Craftbrewers and industry professionals
  • Participate in group activities such as equipment evaluation
  • Participate in bulk purchases of ingredients and equipment
  • Quarterly Club Competitions
  • Annual brewery tours and dinners
  • And much, much, more!
The Club meets every second Monday at the Rivervale Community Centre at the corners of Francisco and Surrey Streets in Rivervale at 7:30. The meetings typically have a formal discussion on activities, a presentation by a guest speaker, and an informal tasting.

To join now or for more information, email your details to: [email protected] or [email protected]

Calendar of Events:

July 9th 7:30 pm, Rivervale Community Centre. Regular monthly meeting hosted by brewer Dean McLeod of Colonial Brewing, in Margaret River: 2-time AIBA Champion Small Brewery.

Topic: Beer faults: Sensory evaluation and strategies for prevention in the brew house.

As a former homebrewer, Dean will take us through a tasting of samples of common faults and reveal the secrets to solve these problems. $5 for members, guests $10.

July 26th 7:00 pm, Presidents Dinner at the Gala Restaurant in Applecross. A 3-course meal with some beer provided but bring along your own special beers to share. A members-only event with partners invited. Numbers will be strictly limited to 30 people, so book now! $40 pp.

August 13th TBA: meeting may take place at a brewery

Notes:
Mid Year Membership: Good for the remainder of the calendar year. Annual membership is $50
Raffle for kegs: Raffle tickets are $10 each for members and members only

4phil.jpg

hmm...interesting idea. you've got my attention!

is the malt kirin by any chance?

Rob.

Correction: We meet every second Monday of each Month.

That way the beer can mature properly between meetings B)

Kirin Malt based on Matilda Bay Specs. Good stuff.

Hopefully this will be helpful:

Malt Analysis Report
Test Protocol: EBC
Moisture 3.7%
Total Nitrogen 1.39%
Total Protein 8.7%
Soluble Nitrogen EBC 0.67%
Colour 4.5 EBC
Extract EBC Fine (dry basis) 82.7%
Extract EBC Coarse (dry basis) 81.5%
Extract Diff (dry basis) 1.2 %
Kolbach Index 48.5 %
Beta-glucan EBC 180 mg/L
Diastatic Power 84 IoB
Viscosity 1.51 cP
Odour / Appearance pass

So who is heading to the Presidents dinner this coming Sat? By all accounts, the cooking at this resaurant is bloody excellent.

So who is heading to the Presidents dinner this coming Sat? By all accounts, the cooking at this resaurant is bloody excellent.

Sinkas, what calendar are you using as mine says that July 26 is a Thursday??

"The WCB beer dinner is on July 26th at 7pm at the Gala Restaurant in Applecross (22 Kearns Crescent)"

A 2008 calendar for July the 26th to be on a Saturday. Or a 2003 works as well, so does 2014....

Flying out early Friday so unfortunately i will have to miss it.Sounds like a good night.

Cheers
Big D

Sorry,
I gues it is thursday,
sickie on friday for anyone?

Been meaning to get down to a meeting for ages now. I'll be coming along to my first meeting on the 13th .. i'll purchase my membership on the night (if not next week somehow?)

Maybe I'll bring along some of my rum oak porter for you guys to try...

Been meaning to get down to a meeting for ages now. I'll be coming along to my first meeting on the 13th .. i'll purchase my membership on the night (if not next week somehow?)

great news Facter - I look forward to meeting you.

Just a quick update.

We are good to go for Thursday night. I'm working with the chef to sort out the pairings and will publish the menu tomorrow and will be different from the WABA menu. Basically it will be a 4 course meal with beers served with each course. WABA brewers have kindly (and accidentally?) donated 15 beers from 9 different WA breweries.

There are still plenty of seats so book now! Numbers for catering close tomorrow at noon.

Hi Facter, be sure to come and see me on the night so that I can sign you up.
hehehehe

Brian,
I hope that suckling pork dish is on the menu, bloody amazing!

Thanks for the RSVP's. We'll have a table for 20 setup in the back for us. There was enough left over beer from the WABA dinner to have more than a taste with this menu. 15 beers from 9 different WA breweries! But feel free to bring a beer to share if you like. Gala has also graciously made this a 5 course meal at the same price! While some of the dishes appear to be similar to the WABA dinner, a few changes have been made. Unfortunately, no suckling pig, but braised beef shank! Should be interesting.

Menu:

Canaps / Tapas

Ham & smoked Bean Tart

Herring on Kipfler Potato Salad

Welsh Rabbit

Gage Roads Pils, Jarrah Jacks Best Bitter, Little Creatures Rogers

pan-fried Cod And Snow Pea Risotto

with Fete Beer Crust and crisp Bacon

Feral White, Matilda Bay Redback, Billabong Wheat

Slow cooked Quail in Mexican Mole Sauce

Gage Roads Lager, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Matilda Bay Dogbolter

Braised Beef Shank with roasted Barley and Vegetables

served with a rich dark Jus and Celeriac Froth

Gage Roads IPA, Billabong Porter, Bootleg Raging Bull

Bread & Butter Pudding with Ginger Beer soaked Sultanas

and Stout Chocolate Sorbet

Ironbark Debilitator and Cherry Ale, Matso's Ginger Beer

Looks fantastic

Won't be getting to work to early on Friday :)

I had a great night at the dinner - thanks for organising it Brian, well done ! It was a nice change on the usual WCB functions - not that I'm against standing around a barbie of course.

The food was fantastic and there were some interesting combinations with the beers. My favourite would have to be the Dogbolter and the Quail with Mole (chocolate and chilli - not the animal) sauce.

I think the best beer of the night was a ring-in brought by Sinkas . I can't remember the name of it (it was something clever, in french), but it was a sensational IIPA with the hops leaping out of the glass. It really left a lot of the micro/commercial offerings in its wake ! Nice work Case !

Latest posts

Back