Melbourne (vic) Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
I wonder if there is many Melbourne brewers that would like to meet up and tast test etc "babble" about beer.

once off, or ever few months or what ever

I would love to have people taste mine and say "thats crap, thats ok, or good, or taste week try this or that"

"did you know this, you can buy that here"

etc

I think there is a Brewing club in melbourne but i dont really need to be a paying member of a large club.

just some friendly brewers for advice etc
maybe even buying power, share liquid yeast

I have a lager yeast and was thinking of a stout and wheat beer then a ale..... I'd never use them all up, and hate to waste anything so people might like to share them, or trial some etc etc

you know the deal.

I have done this sort of thing in a fishing / rod building group and car group and its worked very very well. No fee's rules just good help

any opinions? or numbers of vic / melb brewers.

I myself am a lownly brewer, being 22/23 Friends love night clubs and VB :) fools the young lady tells me "beer tastes yucky"

:) so all my beer is only for me and hence i get no constructive info :)

Ben

Ben,

Sounds good, depends were and when?

Rook

I'm keen for yeast exchange,

and constructive critisim on my brews.

Ben said:
I wonder if there is many Melbourne brewers that would like to meet up and tast test etc "babble" about beer.

once off, or ever few months or what ever

I would love to have people taste mine and say "thats crap, thats ok, or good, or taste week try this or that"

"did you know this, you can buy that here"

etc

I think there is a Brewing club in melbourne but i dont really need to be a paying member of a large club.

just some friendly brewers for advice etc
maybe even buying power, share liquid yeast

I have a lager yeast and was thinking of a stout and wheat beer then a ale..... I'd never use them all up, and hate to waste anything so people might like to share them, or trial some etc etc

you know the deal.

I have done this sort of thing in a fishing / rod building group and car group and its worked very very well. No fee's rules just good help

any opinions? or numbers of vic / melb brewers.

I myself am a lownly brewer, being 22/23 Friends love night clubs and VB :) fools the young lady tells me "beer tastes yucky"

:) so all my beer is only for me and hence i get no constructive info :)

Ben
Ben

I am also keen for this.

Let's get started soon

Gezza

Well this looks like it is gaining momentum, we can give it some time to ensure the other guys that may not come on here often and then have a meet or beer or whatever we feel we would like to have related to beer (homebrew)

I think the liquid yeast swaps could be huge

as would swapping knowledge etc

Ben :blink:

I live is South east Melbourne near Chadstone , if we get a idea of locations we can then look for a place to run these meets.

P.S Shops love this type of exposure and often open up to have you there, or let you have your chat taste test etc as they are sure of selling goods and if a club/group price was on the cards i'm sure lots would!

problem is they push what they sell often and may not have the room to hold such gatherings

transport might be a issue as i have never been to anything like this beer and travel dont mix 0.05 Blood Alc Level (cant risk ya life)

keep your minds open and lets hear the brain farts!

Hello,

It is a good idea. I am all for tasting somebodys elses brew and getting other peoples opions on mine.
As for exchanging liquid yeasts; sorry guys, all I can offer is dry Coopers.

Arthur

Chaps,

I live in Tallarook and things arn't crook.

Work in the city.

If we have set Dates, with plenty of notice ( Month in advance ) then I would be prepared to travel.

Rook

Guys i haven't forgoten about the idea i am just flatout at the moment, working weekends and getting the bar/ room together etc .... and drinking to much HBB :)

Start some idea's!

I'm South East Subs of melbourne, where I know of 1 new, and an other brewer that would love to come.

What area would we like to meet?

What do we want to cover?

general idea's

(taste tests, general meet up, do a brew to show others "idea's", cover topics like hot/cold break, liquid yeast etc )

I am not the most compedent brewer so i would be keen to learn but may not be able to offer much to many brewers .

also we can look at bulk buying or supplies.

I spent $250 on the weekend on grains and yest

Yeah, this sort of thing would be good. I'm in the Northern suburbs but am happy to travel for a while. The idea of having tastings with constructive criticism would be good. Also demonstrating new ideas and equipment, swapping liquid yeast cultures, etc.

Brew Day at the Shop (Grain and grape)

On Saturday 30th August we will be holding the first of what we hope will be an ongoing Brew Day at the Shop. Paul Rigby, along with John and Chris will be brewing an all grain Czech Pilsner. You will be able to watch progress of the brew, talk to us and taste a couple of our beers between 11am and 1pm. Our aim is to make this an ongoing feature of the shop on the last Saturday of the month

Guys this looks like the perfect!!! starting point.
common spot (altho far for some DOH!)
free, and well great advice and a chance to pick up some goods!

As said before we can organise bulk orders, and this first meeting will let us all meet up!

Let me know if you guys are going, I will be trying my dam best!

Yep, I plan to be there... not far for me :D (Pascoe Vale)..... BTW, that Irish Red ESB fresh wort kit tastes excellent after 3 weeks in the bottle.

I brewed a lager and used fuggles as hops (had nothing else when i thought i did) the lager is very nice but the fuggles flavour is .... YUCK in a lager i am trying my best to drink it ohhh its hard,

The part mash with hallertau is looking to be a nice beer!

atleast this yuck fuggles beer might help slow my drinking!!!

cant wait to finish the keg and start the new mash keg ....

Sounds great, I'll try and make it.

have got a lager with hallertau in secondary now, fantastic aromas. I can't wait to taste it.

also got an irish red fresh wort waiting for an empty fermenter.

tried the fresh wort stout last night, not bad probably needs a bit more time in bottle, only had 3 weeks

Get your Irish Red brewing soon Moray, mine's been in bottle for 2 weeks and is carbonated nicely. Also tastes fantastic, probably the best beer I've brewed, though I feel like I've cheated some though :) Even by stuffing up and filling to 22L instead of 20 it's a great tasting beer.

I would also love to go to try some Mountain Goat beer!!!

anyone have the details, can you have a tour of the plant? or just go there for drinks?

I gotta try there beer been hearing heaps about them via a mate and now on here

They open the brewery the first Friday every month with bar sales & pizza. Big crowd there the last time I went (March) - not sure how many they get in winter. Great beer though. Details on the website. You can get onto a mailing list there too.

Hi Guys

The 30th August sounds fine to me but I don't know where this place is. Iwill not be able to contribute much at this stage but am looking forward to meeting you all and learning as much as I can.

cheers Gezza

Dont worry i wont "give" much if you could taste my last 2 lagers there not the best GRRRRRRRRR mad!

One is way over hopped (although young and hence it should smooth out.... infact its just out of the secondry less than 1 week :) so maybe i should give it a break)

The other i used fuggles - never again will i use this hop i hate it :)

look up grain and grape in the phone book, its on rosamand road near high point

try www.grainandgrape.com.au (somthing like that)

Latest posts

Back