Melbourne - sodium percabonate bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Nullnvoid
2. Nullnvoid
3. Haciluku
4. Nathanvonbeerenstein 1/2 bag - if anyone near Scoresby/Knox wants to split!
4a. Yuz 1/2 bag
5. Company of one

The price differences would come from the purity level.

I'd say it's more to do with sourcing from Redox rather than direct from, I think it's probably JS Industry in Weifang China.
The Aurora sacks look identical to what I used to buy and that's where they came from. The Aurora sticker is where the JS one is on my old sack.

If Hoppy Days in Bris can sell sacks for $69 I'm sure a local Melbourne supplier should be able to give a decent price for a pallet load.

One thing to remember when buying something like this from an unknown supplier, the UN code tells you when the container was made.
The Aurora image shows Y26/S/16 that's 2016 - hopefully it's just a stock image.
The sacks are usually used up quite quickly so if your actual sack says S/16 it's too old!
We are already in October so I'd expect fresh stock to say S/18 now.

Alright, here we go. I have firmed up some pricing (some suppliers were either insanely expensive or never responded)

At this stage the pickup will be from either Mulgrave during business hours or Cockatoo afterhours or prearranged.

I will open this up to Sodium Metasilicate as well, however if you don't want a whole bag (25kg) the split is entirely up to you to work out amongst yourselves and no splitting at pick up.

One last thing, we need minimum 20 bags to get this price. If we reach 40 bags then the price will be lower again. I am running this on <name redacted> as well.

Prices:
25kg Sodium Percarbonate - $38.50
25kg Sodium Metasilicate - $68.75

Any questions, please ask

Alright, here we go. I have firmed up some pricing (some suppliers were either insanely expensive or never responded)

At this stage the pickup will be from either Mulgrave during business hours or Cockatoo afterhours or prearranged.

I will open this up to Sodium Metasilicate as well, however if you don't want a whole bag (25kg) the split is entirely up to you to work out amongst yourselves and no splitting at pick up.

One last thing, we need minimum 20 bags to get this price. If we reach 40 bags then the price will be lower again. I am running this on <name redacted> as well.

Prices:
25kg Sodium Percarbonate - $38.50
25kg Sodium Metasilicate - $68.75

Any questions, please ask

Err strange - I swear I posted this a few minutes back.

Anyway, good job!

Is it 20 total or 20 per product?

I'll take 2 Perc and 1 Meta

Happy to split a bag with anyone in East subs who can't handle a full one (either/both products)

cheers

Err strange - I swear I posted this a few minutes back.

Anyway, good job!

Is it 20 total or 20 per product?

I'll take 2 Perc and 1 Meta

Happy to split a bag with anyone in East subs who can't handle a full one (either/both products)

cheers

It's on two places :) Don't confuse me :)

1. Nullnvoid
2. Nullnvoid
3. Haciluku
4a. Yuz 1/2 bag
5. Company of one
6. GalBrew

FYI, I put my last bulk buy percabonate in a 20l plastic bucket. It worked fine for 3 years (have recently run out), so even if you don’t use much get a bag! It will last just fine.

FYI, I put my last bulk buy percabonate in a 20l plastic bucket. It worked fine for 3 years (have recently run out), so even if you don’t use much get a bag! It will last just fine.

Yep but if you have a vacuum sealer for your hops etc. Use it to split up and vacuum bag the perc and it will probably last as long as you.

Umm not a chemist here just someone who has done a bit of research.
But some of the Sodium Percarbonate gradually turns into Sodium Carbonate if there's air around which is still a good cleaning product but not AS good. (Think nappy wash)
So you lose some of the peroxide cleaning over time but it's still going to clean stuff.

So yes everyone buy a sack now!

1. Nullnvoid
2. Nullnvoid
3. Haciluku
4a. Yuz 1/2 bag
5. Company of one
6. GalBrew
7. Thirstyone
8. Thirstyone
9. Thirstyone
10. Thirstyone

Alright, we have hit 20+ bags!

I'll get into action on Phase 2! People will receive an PM soon!

Thanks Gents.

Back